They better do something quick!!!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Haldi, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Moforyguy Elder

I play casually as well. Just 25 hours a day I can't do the 35 hours a day like the go hards.
    Brunlin and Gormgeous like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you don't come to the forums to give your opinion nobody will have been given the option to listen to what you have to say.

"The Silent Majority" get exactly what they ask for....nothing.
    Zinth likes this.
  3. asdfbot Lorekeeper

TLP player base is not getting any younger... lol. I am with you 100% on this, slow down the pace a little bit, you already have Vaniki for the hardcore neckbards with lots of play time.
    Hirbow, Saux and Murdukethegreat like this.
  4. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

back on topic, the bags, even though I'm not leaving Mischief, I'll still buy the new bags. I'm pretty sure most people staying on Mischief will as well. I don't think the new TLP rules will be an impact, as the OP seems to think.
  5. asdfbot Lorekeeper

Bump in exp rate, little more time per expansion, get rid of having to key / flag, would that keep the ppl that currently want to play Yelinak away from playing? Or would it just net more ppl to come and play?
    Ponter likes this.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

RoI is the most casual guild around! 4 hours a week!
    Yinla likes this.
  7. GRACUS Lorekeeper

give us a 3rd TLP classic free trade I don't want to feel forced to play on a server I don't like cause it is all I have. BTW returning to EQ after 8 years.
    Legends likes this.
  8. Brunlin Augur

The silent majority votes with their wallets.
    Overcast451, Muahh and Legends like this.
  9. Legends Elder

Free trade should be the norm at this point. Luckily classic is basically free-trade with so much raid items tradeable. If anything free trade in classic would lower the price of some popular RMT group items.
    Ponter likes this.
  10. SoandsoForumUser Augur

The people that would make a Mangler clone popular are still on Mangler.

Not sure what the rest of the whining is about in here, if you want casual play on the server starting at GoD with out of combat rested exp, if you want a classic clone that will likely die in a year play the mangler clone, if you want something that's never been done before, play on that server. Adding any more servers at the same time would be even more doomed by splitting player bases.
  11. Machen New Member

For some posters, I think we can live without that option.
  12. error Augur

I don't know about that, the Mangler population is still strong but nowhere near what it peaked at, as expected. Most people don't want to play past a certain point, they just want a new season of EQ classic every year, which is understandable. I'm sure the new server will do just fine for that purpose, if there are any issues it'll be in the long term since you could argue that a large chunk of the "ride it out to live" base are already occupied.
    rangerous and Dragon Jockey like this.
  13. Gnomie Denser than most

I mean Yelinak is an exact clone of every other generic vanilla TLP that has already died in the past. It will keep decent population until OOW then die like all the ones that came before it. That's why it's not a topic of discussion.

Vaniki has some discussion, and I think the relaxed truebox will bring a pretty decent population there for that reason alone.

I honestly think the main reason these two TLP's aren't talked about is because they are boring, uninteresting, and extremely lackluster compared to Mischief, and I think a lot of Mischief players will likely stay on Mischief for another year until the new TLP's come out. Remember, we can buy more bags on mischief when the new TLP comes out ^_^
  14. Intercept Augur

theyd butter
  15. Soulsiphon Elder

Yeah exactly I agree, They should just make 1 more server with free trade no random loot and see how it goes. I bet alot of people would love that right now. This might bring more people back that did not care for the whole random loot. Tons of people love the random loot for the anticipation factor and alot don't, but both love free-trade.
  16. Soulsiphon Elder

I mean if they really wanted to profit this season, they could easily just make a 3rd tlp with free-trade the bag sales alone between all 3 servers will be insane.
  17. Moforyguy Elder

Me and most of my friends quit Mischief BECAUSE of random loot. We all liked the free trade but random kind of got annoying. I can totally see how random combined with free trade helped prevent as much krono farming as it could. I do fear free trade alone would not prevent at all but actually help krono farmers.
    Ponter likes this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

FTFY - because whether players say something or don't, it's only when they stop paying that they are taking meaningful action.
    wade_watts likes this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This makes absolutely no logical sense to me at all.

If you are older you have less time left to live so you should want things to happen faster.

The old should be expected to have less patience while the young should be expected to learn some.

People outside of the "working age" bracket have more free time so perhaps that's where this take it slow mindset comes from.
  20. asdfbot Lorekeeper

I see your side of this but making things(expansions) happen faster does NOT increase the amount of hours I will be putting into the game.

I would say the majority of ppl that play TLP are in the range of having a steady fulltime job with a family. This limits the amount of play time which gets divided up among all the normal life activities. So for a server to proceed to each expansion faster is a negative for me.

I like the raiding side of EQ(TLP) so this leaves less time to raid as it will take me even longer to level my toon up. Then once your done leveling, you have fight over key fragments / ground spawns which is insanely stupid but of course I did it in the past to be able to raid. I know, the argument could be just wait a few weeks then they will be easy to get. That flips back to less time for me to raid content.

Since I make good money, I buy all the Bags(usually multiple) / exp pots / mana regens / SoW to decrease the time it takes me to level and to support DPG. Longer expansions means I burn more krono which less krono on the books for DPG would look better on the finance side.
    Ponter likes this.