Vaniki challenge rewards once in a lifetime?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zrender, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are right we can't say with 100% certainty but they did say that it will be usable on any character and used the singular term which to me indicates that it will be a single use reward. This combined with their history of making these types of claims single use claims is another point.

[quote"]https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-producers-letter-spring-2022

"Challenge achievements will also be available. If you participate in a chosen event and defeat it when you are at a certain level, you will gain a reward that you can use on any character on the same account. For example, defeat Cazic Thule at level 40, Meldrath at level 70, or Griklor at level 105."[/quote]
  2. Zrender Augur

I think another important question about the challenge rewards is do they need to be completed before the level lock is raised or can you have all toons at raid that are say level 40 when the level lock has been raised to 50 and still get the reward? The unlocks happen so fast it will be hard to complete them I think unless you can still do them after level unlock but staying below the required level.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Legends Elder

I have it on good authority the first title reward will be "the Zergling".

glhf
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

[/quote]

If you complete it on another char do you get the reward again?
    Can you get the early rewards if you start 6 months down the line?
    What is the shelf life of the server? In a couple of years time when it unlocks the final expansion will it become a live or will that not happen until the final levels are unlocked?

So many unanswered questions.
    Zrender likes this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I agree there are many unanswered questions but I think the first question is simple enough that each time a character gets the reward you will gain the reward for it meaning if you earn it on two characters you get it twice.
  6. Manafasto Augur

So Berserker & BL will be available at launch? Seems like a good server to possibly hit live with. I am interested. BL at the beginning seems like a good start. I would be good with free bags and titles more than enough of a reward.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Why don't you grow up, I say good on Jenn for trying something new. Far better than the copy and paste servers Holly gave us with minimal imagination.

Leave the grown ups to play on Vaniki and go play on any of the other servers if you don't like its rule set.
    Kalipto and Zrender like this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Hunter achievements are one route to free bags at least though I think on such a fast-paced server that would require a lot of dedication.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

And suddenly, you have guilds having to go back and raid old content gimping along low level alts to get the achievements. That's the way it worded means.

Should be based off the level cap when things die. So can't go kill cazic thule at 100 with a level 40 gimped in to get the achievement.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would hope that is not the case and it actually requires a raid with a max level of 40. Seems like that is a loophole that would be pretty easy to think of and account for.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. GRACUS Lorekeeper

It's a joke of a server just like the copy/paste Yelinak. Mischief was her best idea if it was even hers to begin with.
  12. Kalipto Augur

Wow. Why are people like this? You're just so hateful all the time about anything that doesn't go exactly as you thought it should. It's childish and annoying. Stop making this a worse place to be.
    Tweakfour17, Skuz and Zrender like this.
  13. Manafasto Augur

I requested a free trade server for years and was informed it would never happen. Yet, it happened. If they would made it truly random, free trade, and not restricted to loot pools that could be very successful. I just like AARPG style of looting. Even other MMOs allowed great loot to drop off of anything. It would give that D and D feel to me.
  14. PIERRE STEUBEN Journeyman

Someone is brown nosing here.
  15. Thatoneguy666 Elder

Honestly most of the success of this server will depend on the rewards.

Very few people are gonna wanna come over for this kind of slam your d*#k in a door style of gameplay if it's not 'worth it' on some level.

The rewards ought to be claimable multiple times, maybe 999 times, on any server in the future and be cool things such as unique illusions, mounts, etc. If that's the case, then the server is going to generate a ton of interest from live and TLP players.

Really hoping they get this part right.
  16. PIERRE STEUBEN Journeyman

Yeah it better be worth it because you will see many of us old men in the ER with anxiety and migraines for the amount of stress this server will cause.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Too much melodrama going on here