WoW player housing will ruin TLP player base

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jakuk, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Noobnoob Journeyman

So, just as an fyi, the people playing Everquest are not playing it for player housing. So I have an imaginary home that has no purpose but just to show off? I have one of the most expensive houses you can buy in ESO, you know when I last played that game? Two years ago for a couple weeks. You know when I plan on going back? Never. I don't play those games for a reason, and I think housing actually has a lot to do with it.
  2. Arclyte Augur

they already did player housing, it was that crappy garrison in warlords of draenor that no one ever cared about
  3. GRACUS Lorekeeper

well you are just one person. I loved how EQ brought player housing to the game. It gave me something to waste my time on when I did not feel like raiding. EQ2 housing is amazing and a great addition to the game. Never played WoW before though so I can't speak on that game.
  4. **Dragonslayer** Lorekeeper

Amen
  5. GRACUS Lorekeeper

Not really there are a large number of women Players who love to decorate. And spend hours playing games that have player housing doing so.
    **Dragonslayer** likes this.
  6. **Dragonslayer** Lorekeeper

that may be so only a crazy person would do that! mwhaha but seriously if they wanna waste time and resource I'm ok with it the game is for everyone not just me. i just think it's a waste nothing more
  7. Pizzanomicon Augur

People who play this game still largely probably don't dabble in much wow, even if they did I'm not sure how player housing is really going to attract people to spend more time on wow outside of the most enthusiastic lol. Like it's just sprinkles on the cake, it's not like a whole expansion xD.
    Overcast451 likes this.
  8. Overcast451 Augur

No.. the Sims 4. There are mods to get Sim to do things that even HBO won't show.

:D
    Vlahkmaak likes this.
  9. PotatoPowa Elder

WoW doesn't affect me at all, I always felt that game was a pile of crap. Doesn't have the immersion of EQ. I played it back in the day, found it fun for about a month before I realized it only looked like a good MMORPG, it was a cutesy-pie imitation of EQ.
  10. Vicus Augur

There was no player housing announced by Blizzard today. This thread didn't age well. I did find your source on Wowhead under the "rumors" for next expansion. But nope, no player housing this go round. Maybe in 2.5 years.
  11. Zrender Augur

This thread is silly but I'll contribute that I still think UO had the best housing. I sold one for like $500 on ebay lol. Anyway, probably going to lose a lot of EQ and WoW players to UO pretty soon ;-P
    Vlahkmaak likes this.
  12. Zrender Augur

Of course. Considering that WoW was the first MMO. "You guys have phones, right?"

Cheers,
    Red Shirt Guy
    :p
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  13. Trevor Elder

EQ2 is used by the US government as an advanced interrogation technique
  14. FranktheBank Augur

The amount of brain damage someone must have to associate WoW player housing with EQ sub count is staggering.
    Joules_Bianchi, Vlahkmaak and Machen like this.
  15. Vlahkmaak Augur

You are looking for Ashes of Creation; check it out.
  16. jeskola pheerie

17. Rounlin Best Pizza in Norrath!

X will ruin the TLPs, give me a break
  18. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

This is not even the 1st reference to this today...lmao.

Do you not have phones?
    Zrender likes this.
  19. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I played WoW from the end of Warlords of Draenor through Legion, collected <no lie> thirteen trillion Artifact points and like a month later the next expansion drops and <poof> a "stat squish" and wipe everything really.. Nah.

One thing I love about Everquest is, Fellspine's belt, that dropped 20 years ago , still drops and is still useful. If I leave it in a bank and go play another server for a year, 2 years, FIVE years, it's still therer, in my bank.

Who the (*&^ wants all their stuff blown up on a whim?
  20. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome