The Perfect TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Abyssmul, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Abyssmul New Member

Does not exist!!

Seriously though, I thought about this recently. No matter what the devs release people are going to complain. I have been on these TLP's about a decade and I have noticed 6 major types of TLP players. That Darkpaw is never gonna succeed in making all of us happy!! (These are not ranked nor all encompassing of every TLP player, just the majority of em)

1) The Toxic Hardcore: These guys form a big guild, train people at camps, and batphone every open world boss, even Phinny during Planes of Power just to prevent other people from killing them. These guys mostly complain about everyone they deem "beneath" them and the lack of content because they cleared Sky on day 6 of the server. Their perfect server needs shorter xpac unlocks, shorter lockout timers and more pickzones.

2) The Semi Hardcore community based people: These guys are mostly 35-55 with a job, kids, and every bit of the drive and skill of the Toxic Hardcore, just less available free time and more of a focus on their guilds and community. They complete all content and usually at a decent clip. Their main complaints are of the Toxic Hardcore and the Kronolords. Their perfect server is a Mangler clone with slightly shorter unlocks and faster xp rates.

3) The Kronolords: Love em or hate em, these guys are the backbone of a TLP economy. They Lock down whole zones, they would sell their mom to slavery for a krono, English is not a guarantee, and everyone complains about them until you realize E-Boots would be 3x more expensive if they didn't exist. They complain about Daybreak banning them for 24 hours and Truebox. Their perfect server has no Truebox, and Free Trade rules.

4) The P99 elitists: These guys come in all ranges of skills. What they have in common is their raging hatred of everything that is not pure 1999 EQ. They complain about all of us "soft" players and everything related to Krono. and their perfect server is a TLP with level GM's enforcing law and order, no picks, no AOC's, and vanilla XP rates. Would you like to know more?

5) The true newb, returning player, or casual: These guys came here expecting the EQ of days gone by and are / were not aware that EQ TLPs might as well be the wild wild west of gaming. These guys complain about Kronos, Kronolords, and everything that conflicts with their nostalgia, or the way they remember. There perfect Server launched in 1999.

6) Those 27 PVP guys that post every day on the forums. They hate and complain about everyone, even themselves... that's why they want a pvp server!!! Anarchy!!

Well grats =) if you somehow made it through that diatribe let me share with you a phrase I learned in the Navy.

"A complaining Sailor is a Happy Sailor"

So as you can see in reality we are all just one big dysfunction but actually happy family =) So have fun, stay safe, and see you guys around.

/best Regards
    Abyss
  2. Thewiz Augur

This is the opposite of what a kronolord wants. They want truebox to reduce competition and they want no trade items and plenty of them for loot rights. You also forgot to mention PL-ing which is a kronolord's bread and butter.
    Dominate likes this.
  3. Haak Augur

Fairly spot on. You forgot one though.

7) Diablo players who accidentally logged into the wrong game: These guys found out that EverQuest was doing a server where the loot was far more reminiscent of Diablo, and absolutely fell in love with it. They think the entire game should be 'Diablo-fied' as soon as humanly possible. Every new server, likely every old server, should adopt what was meant to be a gimmick. If you disagree: you're wrong. If the devs don't change the rulesets of already announced servers: they should be fired. More Diablo, more often, or leave.
  4. Haak Augur