Yelinak Needs Something More.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Soulsiphon, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Pizzanomicon Augur

No, and I don't intend to do that work for you. Here's two situations

Guild is running to a raid and it will inevitably spawn a pick that might have something juicy in it, something like " Emerald Jungle and necromancer quest drops that are on a very long timer," obviously this isn't against the rules and it's a thing.

Pilling 60 players into a normally unpopulated zone over and over and over to force picks and farm specific drops. If you recorded people doing that, it's absolutely actionable because that's not now how the system was intended to be used.

TLDR the system is designed to lower the player congestion. If you want to bring a raid force to farm a pick of a zone you forced, that's okay as long as you aren't rapid fire spawning picks intentionally.

Hence why I said " difficult to enforce."

Also, this forum has a search function and I'm absolutely sure your " desire to know more," can be quenched with a simple search.
  2. Intercept Augur

Sounds like Mischief was pretty rough, never played on it, so will have to take your word for it.

I've always looted whatever epic pieces I wanted/needed on previous tlps and plan on doing so again on Yelinak.
  3. Pizzanomicon Augur

Problem is mostly with cleric, necro and paladin ( maybe not necro ) and maybe one other epic. I liked mischief tbh, but it was obviously the biggest whale server to ever exist so maybe things just ramped up hard because of that.
  4. Xanathol Augur

What servers are available on live has nothing to do with TLPs - they either die or they don't. If they do die, you can merge an infinite number of TLPs to a single live server; it doesn't matter.

The fact is, no drop was an awful idea when not applied sparringly. Duplicating a mistake is still a mistake. If there were more free trade live servers without the other stuff that FV haves, they would be more popular too.
  5. Ragnoruk Augur

While I like Free Trade for other reasons, I do not see it helping in situations like this. If a Multi-Boxer perma-camps items used for Epic quests, Free Trade only makes it easier for them to sell. This unfortunately is just one of those situations where the best solution would be for DPG to enforce the rules instead of turning a blind eye to these people. Don't hold your breath though.

It pretty much is. Inaction is complicity. It drives Krono sales and DPG benefits.
  6. Ragnoruk Augur

It's not too wild. It's not wild enough. It could use some tweaks. Relaxed truebox on launch and less time in LDoN would be a good start.
    Cloudous likes this.
  7. asdfbot Lorekeeper

On a server like this, would take about 50-60 hours of play time to level up (+/- a few hours). This is if you are popping pots, have a fairly good static group, everyone can actually get into the server at some point due to lag / Q times. You get ahead of the masses to get the good camps and hopefully hole opens up within a few days(for that 43-50 push)

4 weeks of classic:

If you play 2 weeks(14 days) straight averaging 4 hours a day, you should be 50 or pretty close to it. That will only leave 2 weeks of raiding before kunark launch.

Kunark hits, rinse and repeat the same schedule to get to 60 which leaves about 5-6 weeks of raiding during kunark.

Should they just combine classic and kunark time and just release at kunark for more leveling options?
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Wrong. It matters. I don't care about the minority view that Free trade should be the default because it is not, it is a special ruleset feature and should always be so. Having one Free Trade TLP per cycle is plenty, no other TLP has had that & they had plenty of players on each, so will Yelinak.

This is 100% opinion being stated as if it were fact.

Were it to be considred a fact every single live player would be on FV right now because all live players would agree with you - evidently they do not.

Only FV has that rule & a lot more live players do not play on FV than on it so at least for most players this is not an awful idea or a mistake it is in fact the most preffered option.

This is pure conjecture, and since Brekt which also had Free Trade and none of the other stuff FV has was a near-barren wasteland with but a few players there is actually evidence to directly contradict your opinion.

I would be perfectly happy if ALL Raid Loot was 100% no trade, because that would secure the value of earning it by beating the events it comes from. If you have no intention of beating the event you should have no access to the items. If guilds choose to sell "loot rights" to that gear that's up to the guild, they at least beat that event & once the player has their item they cannot resale it, one defeat of the event one item of loot.
    Want another then beat the event again, not endless resale diminishing the value of the event it came from.

Group "dropped" loot can be 100% tradeable and I would have no problem with that at all, quested stuff should be no trade.
  9. Haldi Elder

Yelinak is dead on arrival, don't see many signing up. Fire whoever is in charge of Marketing and community engagement I'd say.
  10. Intercept Augur

Just like Mangler was
  11. sigalph760 Journeyman

This is exactly why it's not going to be a good server for me as a causal player. Classic is pretty much used up as leveling to 50 time. Most of the classic raids will be done at level 60 and be trivial at that point. I may get a month at level 60 to raid kunark and classic together. Yeah I'm going to pass. I didn't get to play the last two rounds because of schedule but there isn't any way I can block this much time out from family and work.
  12. a_librarian Augur

Mangler was absolutely DOA until they made changes the community demanded pre launch which turned it into a huge success. The environment to launch a straight Mangler clone and get a repeat of that success is long gone. They gave away the farm with Mischief
  13. Intercept Augur

The people who like Mischief will stay on Mischief, while those who prefer a traditional tlp experience will roll on Yelinak.

Seems like a win/win
  14. PotatoPowa Elder

Keep your grubby hands off my plain vanilla server.

With my women, I am strictly missionary. With my EQ, I want plain vanilla with no surprises or mad scientist rulesets.
  15. Ginix Augur

+1 for free trade
    HekkHekkHekk likes this.
  16. Arclyte Augur

They're already trying something new and exciting. It's called Vanicki.

You want free trade/non-truebox/PvP. Fine. Don't try to disguise your agenda as concern for Yelinak's health.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Arclyte Augur

uh what? you want 3 months of classic and 6 months of kunark?

is this a mark alt account?
  18. Machen New Member

What? No it is not.
  19. Machen New Member

You're just wrong. Guilds have done this on a regular basis on every TLP since Phinigel. It is not actionable, and never has been.
  20. rangerous Elder

It's more than just guilds random people will be asking strangers chilling outside of unrest or guk to zone in to pop a pick. I don't see any issue in spawning picks on a server that allows picks to be spawned.