Lack of Guilds for Yelinak and Vanicki

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xazier, Apr 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xazier Augur

Is it me or does anyone else notice that there is a large lack of guild recruitment for these new TLPs? I don't see much interest Yelinak has like 3 guilds with the same raiding days basically and very few members/players on their discord channels. Doesn't seem to be much interest in these 2 new TLPs. I know we are like 6 weeks away but you would think more people by now would be interested.
    wade_watts likes this.
  2. Go Take A Nap Augur

Players were roaring and boards were on fire last year. Pretty dead atm. Vaniki is gonna be largely played by one zerg guild at this rate.
    Xanathol likes this.
  3. Go Take A Nap Augur

4. taliefer Augur

Vaniki is pretty much designed to have one zerg raid guild
  5. Machen New Member

By this definition, we've had two hardcore TLP's every year since Phinigel. It's done pretty well for them.
  6. Haldi Elder

Yeah, DPG screwed the pooch with these lame servers 1 very fast pace/hard core raising server and the other just another boring same old thing they repeat damn near every year, I mean how many of the phinni clones are they goi g to do before people just sick of it, I think Yelinak is going to prove to them that the majority are tired of the same thing. I honestly blame Mischief because they overdone themselves with that server.
    wade_watts likes this.
  7. Machen New Member

A couple months' change to classic is not significant on a server that will take six years to reach live.
  8. Arclyte Augur

sorry you didnt get your free trade full loot pvp nontruebox server, but that doesn't mean it's ok to vomit this garbage on the forums every day
    Appren likes this.
  9. Haldi Elder

J
    You're entitled to your opinion, nothing else.
    wade_watts likes this.
  10. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

I like Yelinak's rule set.
    MBear, Murashu, rangerous and 2 others like this.
  11. Haldi Elder

Yeah some do, but enough this go around. Yelinak might have 300 players to start if we are lucky at this rate and more than half will quit within the first month.
    Xanathol likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think it is a bit early to write off the servers as there is still over a month until they launch.
    rangerous, Yinla and Ponter like this.
  13. Mescar Lorekeeper

All this crying over this year's servers. But what no one really wants to think about is, why not a typical TLP? I for one would like alittle spice in it, but from DPG stand point it makes sence. Last 2 years of TLP, you still have Rizlona going strong and you still have Mischief going strong. Why would you split your population? Let those server play out longer before you throw the carrot on a stick out there. With the trouble and adjustments they had to make for Mischief, don't you expect the same on Vaniki? Things will need to be retuned or reworked along the way and that means things could get broken. They are going to be spend alot of manhours looking over the data as that server moves on. They have not worked the kinks out on Mischief/Thornblade. Hence that will also need to take manhours looking over that data. Plus the UI revamp they are working on. Not to mention all the coffee and doughnut runs they have to make throughout each day. Yes, you have your die hard TLPers that no matter what will switch each year coz that is the eras they enjoy playing. Thats cool. I for one would like to experience the expansions I have missed since I left. Without the toxicity that can arise in early TLPs.

I have an old idea for the new TLPS. But it's not DPGs that can bring it back. Let's actually bring back the community to the server. Doesn't matter how many krono you have or made this week. Nor does it matter what guild tag you have. What matters is the socal part of the game. Playing a 23 year old game, that doesn't even feel like the old '99 game. We have all done these several times, why not take this year's servers to relax and enjoy the game and the people in it.
  14. Jakuk Lorekeeper

You forgot Aradune was a Typical TLP
  15. Mescar Lorekeeper

Aye, but Aradune was split when Mischief came out. It lost alot of players, although it is not dead. I was more or less hitting on the most popular talked about server of those years since that is what everyone wants to bring up. Was not to leave them out, but to just follow along with the norm of the conversation. But your point is well taken, they are still alive and kicking over there.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I think a lot are still waiting to see what the final rule sets will be. Especially how rewards, combat, spells etc will work on Vaniki.
  17. Zansobar Augur

Vaniki would have been a lot more interesting to me if it had started in classic. Also I find it a bit ironic that for years DPG has been sticking to their guns that they aren't making special databases for TLPs as the reason they can't fix monk damage and whatnot on the TLPs, yet here we are with Vaniki. They claim they are going to make a custom spell database for Vaniki, plus custom item database. When if they had just launched it at classic they could have just limited the level to 5 under max and not change anything else and accomplished something similar. Launching so late in the game life cycle means they have to customize too many things to make it a challenge that can still be achieved. All seemingly just so they can have berserkers at launch.

I really don't get it - I would have much preferred if they had spent that dev time on refining the random loot ruleset to make it more appropriate.
    Xanathol likes this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Things change, it wasn't that long ago everyone was thinking we wouldn't have 64 bits.

Mischief issues is what happens when they listen to much to the players. Should have just kept it simple based on level spread.

I can think of a handful of things I would rather they spent time on, but that does stop me being interested in Vaniki. Who knows I may drop live completely in favour of playing there. I lost interest in Mischief when they started messing with loot buckets.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. rangerous Elder

Usually there would be zero guilds this far out from launch as we wouldn't even know the rulesets. There will be of course weekday raid guilds as always. Check back may 5th when we cross into 3 weeks from release and they will all be there.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Last year a whole lot of people were "working from home" and tbh last years huge amount of players was likely to have been a lot more than usual.

That said, the rulesets are a little more vague this time in terms of many details do not appear to have been finalised & made public yet.

I'm still hoping the extreme speed of Vaniki unlocks is slowed down some, maybe to somewhere between Selo & Mangler speed, I'll still give it a go at the current speed but I think the pace is a bit scary for many players who might try it at an eased off pace that was still faster than the standard but not quite as fast as selo was.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.