Devs: Tutorial start in GoD era?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Go Take A Nap, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Go Take A Nap Augur

Yes , no , maybe? Its not on Mischief/Thornblade currently. Word on the street is we should have it with GoD already.

My Vaniki prep is reliant on whether we are we getting it for the new servers or not? Asking for a naked ogre warrior friend. Although handsome and quite hug-able, hes looking for "sumtin moar".

Thanks Dev friends.
  2. Digler Elder

Just curious, what level does the Tutorial take you up to?

Is that quicker than newbie zone killing?

Been so long since I did it.
  3. Bryldon New Member

Takes you to lvl 15, not sure it is as quick as some lvling methods, but the big thing will be the gear.
    Gloomingdeep gear is pretty much equivalent to the low lvl defiant gear, so most of it will be better than anything you find leveling up.
    minimind likes this.
  4. Captain Video Augur

If you complete the tutorial questline without any XP bonus, it will take you to 10-11. You can grind to 15 if you like, after that it will kick you if you try to zone in. Goes pretty fast, at least to me. The armor set = Crude Defiant (visible pieces only), which is a rather big stat boost over what you could get as group gear in GoD. There is also a class-specific weapon, and a clickie for run speed boost which is quite useful. The caster kobolds each drop a staff which vendors for 4pp, and the barrels randomly drop a bow which vendors for 1.5pp, so it's possible to farm a little bit of plat before entering the game proper.

I have no idea why it's not unlocked on Mischief/Thornblade. It did unlock at GoD start on Aradune/Rizlona.
    minimind likes this.
  5. Gormgeous Elder