Vaniki challenge rewards once in a lifetime?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zrender, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Zrender Augur

I'm kinda waffling between Yelinak and Vaniki. I'm wondering if you guys think the rewards from the challenges on Vaniki will be once in a lifetime kinda things. Meaning they will never be able to be obtained again. Also, it seems like Vaniki should be able to transfer to any live server when it hits live since it's not free trade, that sound right? Thoughts? I wish they would announce what the rewards are.
    It's nerdy but I've always thought I'd like to go through a tlp to live then play on live and would be cool to have some of those things if they're unique one-off kinda things. Of course that's assuming any of the challenges are even possible. Cazic with 40s hmm. Phinny I can see :)
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Honestly, not a freaking clue.

Would be nice if the "carrot" is interesting enough that it attracts players to the server, though personally I am interested solely because it has Zerker at the start rather after 65 levels & a year of being around.
    Manafasto and Zrender like this.
  3. Digler Elder

I'm curious as well. They indicated the reward would work on the account, and not be server specific. Does that mean it is only claimable once or can it be claimed multiple times across different servers?

If so, can it be claimed on future TLPs? Might be nice to get a saucy weapon or item of gear on the next TLP usable in classic!

If the rewards work like that, I'm betting the interest in this server might just spike a bit.

What will the rewards be? Will it actually be something effective in game (i.e. a good weapon or gear with stats) or just some vanity item (i.e. illusion clicky, or illusion aug for an item)?
    Zrender likes this.
  4. Zrender Augur

Actually, I'd like it more if it was a unique illusion clicky :) Edit: possibly, as long as it's something cool not a fishman lol
  5. Digler Elder

I could maybe get behind that also. Maybe the reward for killing CT at lev 40 is claimable 'AoN' sorta item (non trade ofcourse) that you can claim on any character on that account, on any server. Clickable at lev 1 (or maybe the min lev is 40).
    Zrender likes this.
  6. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

I dont see the reward being worth the risk for this server, sorry this server will require more time devoted to EQ to achieve those rewards than any other TLP in existence. This server is designed specifically for nolifers or players without jobs/families etc . This is an attempt by DBG to attract a younger generation of players who have more time or old retired players who still play EQ, sad to say it wont work in my opinion.
  7. Legends Elder

Showing off some of the rewards would be cool.
    Zrender likes this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The Rewards for Achievements on Vaniki being able to be claimed on other servers puts an interesting spin on things, but I'd advise a degree of scepticism.

After all we've seen the "Quarm Hat" and been massively underwhelmed before.

But if the devs have put a lot more than a minor fart's worth of thought into challenge-server rewards for Vaniki things could get way more interesting.
    Zrender and Gormgeous like this.
  9. Bhane Veteran N00b

I'm guessing a title
  10. HekkHekkHekk Augur

I will be sending every first clear player on vaniki and exclusive one time reward. Once in a lifetime.
  11. Zrender Augur

Yeah, my optimism is pretty guarded too. They have an opportunity here to do something really cool. Hope they realize that. Good rewards and /claim anywhere would be a huge boost to Vaniki in all phases which would really help to get more interest in later expansions I think.
  12. a_librarian Augur

The rewards should be something trivial like titles. People should play on the server because they like the concept not because of FOMO due to some meaningful one time reward. If the rewards are very desirable then it will devolve into hardcore guilds selling carries because casual players have zero shot of earning those achievements
  13. Goratoar Elder

The problem is for challenge rewards it has to be something that's durable (no gear), non-advantageous (no permanent damage bonus click or AA), but still interesting for all (not just some title/mount/fashionquest). The question then is what can fill those criteria, and if it is something really interesting that will get members of Live guilds over for the challenges it must be communicated early.

And to be honest, I don't know what could possibly work as a reward. Maybe an Vet style AA with ranks that increases 1% xp gain per rank for all characters on all servers? Again, it can't be something that gives a tangible advantage, but I feel like xp rate is something that is both tangible and a non-advantage. In the same vein I suppose a permanent increase in faction increase rate, dbg cash growth rate, and loyalty growth rate would be a possible solution.
    Skuz and Zrender like this.
  14. Duder Augur

I am lost as to this reward you speak of in regard to Vaniki. Could anyone kindly provide me a link or a quote so that I can hear more about what sounds like a neat feature.
  15. MBear Augur

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-producers-letter-spring-2022

"Challenge achievements will also be available. If you participate in a chosen event and defeat it when you are at a certain level, you will gain a reward that you can use on any character on the same account. For example, defeat Cazic Thule at level 40, Meldrath at level 70, or Griklor at level 105."
    Yinla and Duder like this.
  16. Zrender Augur

Could be. Are titles cross server? Never looked. Still, I'm not sure they would call it a reward if it was a title since most of those just show up in your list and I don't think anyone would consider them a reward..
  17. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Titles include "Number One Zergling" and "Blue Boy".
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

PvP TLP fans should all get a special "1 of the 20" badge on the forum.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

From what I am reading elsewhere it will be a one time claim and they do have a history of making these types of claims single use only. A good example would be all the past beta rewards that are a simple illusion or ornimination that you only can claim once.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've not seen anything official, just what players think it will be.