Monk/Shaman/Druid 3 box for Yelinak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Monkfu, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Monkfu New Member

What do you guys think of this 3 box how effective is it for

1. Leveling/ AA grinding
    2. Named Killing
    3. Dungeon grinding (camps)
    4. Synergy
    5. Long Term Sustainability
  2. Xazier Augur

I would go Shadowknight, Monk, Shaman if I were you or Monk, Bard, Shaman, or even Monk,Necro,Shaman. Druid only really good for ports. The three groups I suggested will be able to do all that you are looking for, for years to come on that server.
  3. Ponter Elder

I agree with switching the druid out, especially since you've got a shaman. Lota of shaman buffs are better than druid versions, and while druids do get damage shields and ports, theres just too much other overlap with shaman otherwise. If you want the utility of ports, switch it for a wizard. At least then you've got a completely different set of skills to work with.
  4. Xazier Augur

You could do Monk,Mage,Shaman too, but will have to work around snare. Monk,Necro,Shaman would probably cover all bases, and alot of dps. But come gates of discord you are going to probably need a real tank to fully accomplish everything.
  5. Digler Elder

Druids get some tasty charm options now. Druid could end up being the best DPS of that crew.

Also, with a max level druid, you've got a very easy option for PLing any future additions to the group.
  6. Xazier Augur

Charming as a boxed toon would end in death more often than not unless you are fairly well skilled.
  7. Digler Elder

People do it all the time with an enchanter.

Granted, enchanters have more tools to deal with it, namely stuns and mez.

However, druids have a long lasting snare, also both druid and sham have root. I'd say that's almost as good.

I'd set it up so that the druid has your main attention. Might take some practice, but I think that set up could work out very well, and be somewhat unique.

However, I agree that there are likely better options. Its the change with the MOB types that really makes druids interesting.

I was just thinking about it, and I feel like they have a decent charm target in a lot XP zones now in the Trilogy. They certainly wouldn't be as OP as an enchanter. However, I wouldn't be so quick to roll my eyes in my XP group when someone says "I'm leaving, but don't worry I got a druid to replace me" :)
  8. Ponter Elder

New charm options with revamped mob types? Also, I never found a lack of groups as a druid, though getting a group wasnt exactly immediate. Definitely better options for specific roles but druids are so fun because they get a little bit of everything imo.