Reduce the AoC lockout timers?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by **Dragonslayer**, Apr 11, 2022.

1. **Dragonslayer** Lorekeeper

Any chance we can do this to Yelinak?
    Trox2010 likes this.
  2. Iyacc Augur

Selo had this and while it was fun for a while it caused faster burnout imo. You're better off asking for double drops and keeping lockouts the same.

In expansions where there's hardly any raid content you end up doing the same raids twice a week and it just gets to be too much for a lot of people. Especially if you make it to Omens and have to do Anguish twice a week for 4 to 5 months because there's literally not enough current content to keep doing.
    Overcast451, Foaming and Digler like this.
  3. verbatim Elder

Please no. If you think there's not enough loot to go around, make it drop more loot- don't make people work twice as hard.
    MBear, Overcast451, Foaming and 3 others like this.
  4. Dre. Altoholic

Would love to see something like this once lvl cap is +5 from the content. More options for alts/etc.
  5. Zinth Augur

no thanks, not less lockout time... rather more loot per round since the server is extremely fast
    MBear and Digler like this.
  6. Digler Elder

I agree with the people asking for increased loot, rather than reduced timers.

It'll lead to faster burnout if people are having to raid 2x as much.
    Dre. likes this.
  7. FranktheBank Augur

8. HekkHekkHekk Augur

There's two things that burned me out on Selos and they're both in this thread.
    Hirbow and Sorrows like this.
  9. Gormgeous Elder

I was going to make a thread but this is a decent place to ask. With the unlock speed on Vaniki, if they don't increase the AoC lockout or loot drop per boss, aren't there eras where you'll see each boss one time if you are raiding 3 times a week even?

Take for example August 3, 2022 to September 28, 2022. 8 weeks to cover OoW, DoN, DoDH, and PoR at level 60? Though now that I type that out they will probably still be doing time loot?

Or is the assumption that you'd be hanging back if not racing for specific targets? Still doing plane of time for a while, until group gear drops better than it in September or October?
  10. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

I just realized that your name is the sound of a kiss. Muahh!
  11. trainz Journeyman

1.5x -2x increased drops in raids pls devs. This will adjust for the faster timeline while not increasing burnout rate on players. Crazy idea but the longer you keep players - the longer they spend money and drive profits.