Fixing 2022 TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PewtDog, Apr 8, 2022.

1. PewtDog New Member

Hey JChan. I was talking with around 8 of my gaming buddies about these new TLPs which originally we were interested in. We decided that they are missing something. Why not add a something unique that hasn't been done before? We'd love to see the below...

1. Free trade
    2. 6 week expansion unlocks
    3. PVP
    4. double experience rate
    5. Once the server reaches live; Free transfer to which ever server you want with unique titles for the final players!

#5 would be the reward for making it to the end of a tough server cycle!
  2. Azuro New Member

No, no, no, no and no thanks!
    Dragon Jockey, Zanarnar and code-zero like this.
  3. Munchies New Member

Why stop there. You thinking too small.
    May as well just have it every kill is a level up. Start with max possible gear... sigh
    Give me max possible gear for my newbie smashing fantasies.
    So on and so on.
    Oh don't forget.. I want to play with my personal 100 man raid with my max level and max gear! This is a single player game after all! :p
  4. OMEGALORD New Member

Sounds fun to me!
    RABKkehhalla and Tanar like this.
  5. FunRuiner69 New Member

YES PLEASEEEEE
  6. Boogatti Lorekeeper

This is a great idea! a fast track to live AND a chance for the pvp experience!
    Brazy and Tanar like this.
  7. Tanar Lorekeeper

I haven't played since Selos. I logged in just to like this. Awesome idea!
    Brazy and THISISHEKK like this.
  8. Go Take A Nap Augur

Im all for a PVP TLP. One of the worst and best experiences of my EQ journey was starting on zek with a cleric. I rolled for 3 months and was stuck at 18 having a miserable time (i couldnt kill anyone lol) ROOTED A LOT OF FOLKS BOYS. I re rolled SK and was hoooooooked.

I think something like this needs to be well thought out and its a bit to late for this year. I would rather wait for the golden egg, next year please???
  9. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

The server should also be boxer friendly, so all of the posters in this forum thread can play from the same computer. :D
    Alikat likes this.
  10. Mattling Elder

fyi, they can tell when you're using multiple accounts to upvote yourself.
  11. Valv Journeyman

He has 8! friends!
  12. Zanarnar Augur

Which will be the entire population of the server if they enable PVP.

I think DPG should do a TLP PVP server.. but scale the monthly fee by the current player count. Everyone playing there (logging in for at least 15min per week) would get charged accordingly each month

Say they need 15K/mo to break even on a server.

You get 1000 people to play on it, your at 15/mo

that drops to 100? your each paying 150/mo but you would right? you want this so bad and your so sure it will be popular right? because if 2000 people play, its 7.50/mo!

You'd never accept that because you know it won't be popular, and you'd be paying through the nose for it. (or just not playing there)
  13. Brazy Augur

Anti-PvP posters crack me up. The fact that most of them haven't even played EQ PVP, and then pretend like they have just to post how bad it would be is all over this forum.

Instead of a PvP TLP that many people have asked for years we get this "Challenging Vaniki PVE Server"... If you guys want a challenging PvE raiding game go play WoW or FF like you anti-pvp people spew out to people asking for PvP in EQ.

EQ is an easy game not meant to be a challenge, just a time sink and if you think other wise you're kidding yourself. Enjoy getting one shot by monsters 30 levels higher then you though. ZERG BABY to show how skilled you are... lololol
    HekkHekkHekk, THISISHEKK and Sollix like this.
  14. sumnayin Augur

Free Trade was done last year
    Expansion unlocks are already unique this year
    No, PVP always sucked in EQ and was extremely niche
    Experience is already way too fast
    Don't care

This server already has tons of unique things...
    Beastlord and Berserker at release.
    Veksar, Warrens, etc being useful as they will release with their continents for the first time ever.
    Content being more difficult as it will always release with a reduced level cap for players
    I am extremely excited for this year.
    Skuz and Nighthawk like this.
  15. sumnayin Augur

Sounds like EQ isn't the game for you...instead of telling people to go play a different game, why don't you?
  16. Brazy Augur

Isn't the game for me? I play lots of different games depending on what I'm in the mood for, not just EQ because I'm not a weirdo. EverQuest isn't a challenging game and this Vaniki server is nothing but a sad attempt to make it more "challenging". Zerging = skill apparently to EQers

Hopefully this will be a wake up call to the devs to not listen to whoever gave them this terrible idea for a server. It'll be dead like Miragul in no time. I don't play EQ PvP but even that would be more successful then I think this server will be.
  17. THISISHEKK Journeyman

Berserkers at start oh wow. Can't wait for that 164 skill cap frenzy strike at level 40. LOL.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Beats the hell out of not starting with the rest of the players & having to catch up later mostly solo or getting PL'ed, hated that.
    Yinla, Ariana and Corvo like this.
  19. FadedshadeTLP Lorekeeper

But, it would be bad - PvP is not a popular thing in EQ, never was, never will be - I know that YOU might think its "da bomb" and that swell - Problem is, the vast vast vast majority do not want PvP and thats why you wont ever see a PvP TLP. Gotta just deal with the facts that no one wants it and carry on. Also, PvP in EQ sucks
  20. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Eq PvP is such a unique dynamic environment that involves a lot of fun politics. APPROVED.
    Brazy and ToVNeedsPicks like this.