Vaniki

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Merika Journeyman

Nope! Maybe it'll make trying on pulling an actual requirement again which would be a nice chance of pace lol
    Haeldar, Skuz and Rebelicious like this.
  2. Kahna Augur

No? You will still be only level 50 and nuking for 800 while the melee will be getting gear from PoP and GoD. Then there is the level 55 boost and your Wizard jumps from nuking for 800 to, wait for it... 896, because wizards don't get their real nuke upgrades until 60. Then when your wizzy finally hits 60 and is nuking for 1800 your melee friends are getting PoR gear. Casters will be a waste of a dps slot.

The key to this server is using out of era gear to inflate the power of a low level character and melee do that better than casters.
    Lawyer likes this.
  3. Merika Journeyman

The only problem with this is if you are staying bleeding edge and "caught up"

It's going to move fast. Top melee will probably edge out you're right. And honestly I don't know about the lower end xpacs because I haven't cared to play them in years. Casters will have a better time for first week or two and top melee will enjoy the last week or two in each release
  4. uk6999 Augur

Keep in mind most gear certainly raid gear has level req's or rec starting around Luclin and is in full affect in PoP.
  5. Alikat Lorekeeper

The producers letter said these requirements would be relaxed in vaniki. I wonder if that means just gone? Or maybe just recommended levels and no required levels.
    Nighthawk, Xhartor, Zrender and 2 others like this.
  6. Rebelicious Augur

If the server started in classic... then rangers, rogues, wizards would be begging for groups and contributing poo for a few expansions... they however, exponentially improve as time goes on. This is just a bit of flip. I doubt serious, competent raid guilds are going to avoid recruiting casters... for the simple reason the server isn't staying static and casters can and will become an indispensable part of good raids.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Maybe the spells from those expansions will have their level-req changed, just like they do for the gear? If your level 50 group can kill a named that drops PoP-spells then you have earned the right to use it too.

Level 30 wizards with Ice Comet FTW!! ;)

Is the "staff of the wheel" quest still functional? it used to give the runes needed to research Ice Comet, and could be completed at a low level...

...or can you just buy all the spells in PoK?
    Merika likes this.
  8. Kahna Augur

Other than the handful of raids that require a certain class to kill them (and are totally skipable on this kind of server) when, exactly are casters going to be better than melee? Maybe as it reaches live, before that melee, hands down.
  9. Jabnael New Member

All they need to do is make this free trade (not random loot) and it will make it 100x better.
    Vlahkmaak and Foaming like this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Too early to say tbh, and isn't the point of the whole Caster v Melee debate supposed to be about "balance", you aren't asking for balance or parity here you're asking for caster superiority.
    Rebelicious and Merika like this.
  11. Merika Journeyman

90% of people who play this will not be doing current content or raids most of the time. It just won't be efficient at all.

But hey roll your melee on here and prove me wrong lol
    Foaming likes this.
  12. Koredan New Member

The server is meant to be a challenge server. Content is done at least 10 levels below what is typically allowed. If you're getting GoD gear, you're getting it at a difficulty typically unheard of. I do understand the issue with casters not having their typical abilities available. Healing in particular sounds like it would be hell as people get gear.
  13. Kahna Augur

I am content on Mischief. If a few friends roll on Vaniki I might make a bard, but the server doesn't really appeal to me at all.
    ntellect likes this.
  14. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

I just hope truebox is turned off. It kind of works in the very early eras but later on its just impossible to solo.
  15. Ariana Augur

Truebox needs to go in general, and needs to be replaced with a better solution for mass boxing.
    Nighthawk, Foaming, Vindar and 2 others like this.
  16. Typhus Elder

My thoughts exactly. This is a lazy approach to make thing harder. The amount of wipes are going to be hilarious, funny how they said we you can use higher level spells, dont mean crap when you dont have the mitigation required for the boss seems like guilds will need a 30 tank rotation.
  17. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

2022 Roadmap Update:
    Completed:
    May: Vaniki Server - No Pappsalt, no Vicious, and no Hekk.
  18. Dailor Augur

Level 40 is trash for like every class lol.
  19. Ariana Augur

Kind of just assume they will, but I wonder if mobs will have MotM on this server. Also wondering what those achievement rewards are going to be.
  20. Raejin Lorekeeper

a 40 cleric can cast like 4 CH's!