Suggestion: “Overseer” Missions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Skrab, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I’d like to see them build an Heroic Adventure type mission structure with NPCs being used to fill out the group, if you’re not a full group. For example, you have a Bard and Wiz and can’t get anyone else, so you select the NPCs for the 4 slots Tank, Healer, DPS, DPS. You can upgrade the NPCs or unlock new ones through progression/achievements. Also, provides an additional progression path outside the conventional vertical grind.

For monetization, make additional NPCs to be sold in the Marketplace or equipment/cosmetic purchases. This would be a true “Overseer” system by assisting with active versus passive gameplay.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  2. error Augur

FFXI had trusts which were kind of like that, basically the ability to recruit iconic characters from the game as mercenaries each with unique skillsets to fill different roles. Was cool in that it added an interesting collectathon goal and you could kind of min/max your comp and tailor it towards specific encounters, felt a lot more like a real part of the game rather than a bandaid fix for low population.

I think EQ would really have to up the AI on mercs if you're going to have majority merc groups with npcs filling multiple key roles.
  3. bortage spammin lifetaps

I would like to be able to summon multiple mercs at once for a higher plat cost that goes up for every merc you add to the group
  4. lumdaen New Member

I'd like a tank merc to be able to tank a named form the latest expansion :(
    KarmaKitty and zleski like this.
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

STO (Star Trek Online) has a system where you have crew members join your away team or are bridge officers. You can train them with specific abilities both in space and ground scenarios. That would be a nice thing to do with mercs, be able to have more than one, and give them specializations.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  6. KarmaKitty Augur

Yes, even a slight performance boost across the mercs would be of great help.
    Best I can currently handle/molo are weak mobs in the current expansion. Maybe
    another 10,000 alt-avail points will help.