Help me escape RL next month and I will help your guild succeed.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Enchy, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Enchy New Member

1. I want to commit to the new TLP and stick around longer than previous TLP's.
    2. Like most of you I'm a grown adult and can afford to play my favorite game of all time without farming krono to save $15 a month per char... although I probably will still farm a couple a month
    3. I have 20+ years experience playing an Enchanter, and roughly 8 years boxing 2-3 chars on and off. I'm buying a new cheapo 4GB RAM laptop today to truebox 4 chars.
    4. I will use my 4 chars to help people in my guild do epic mobs (and other targets) that are not soloable.
    5. I don't care about loot. I really don't... so I'll "main" whatever class is needed for raids and happily keep boxes logged off if unneeded.
    6. I'm set on Enchanter, Shaman, Wizard, Ranger as my personal team. I prefer to "main" the Ranger as (refer to #1) I want to utilize his ranged badassness in Luclin.
    7. I have raid experience as an Ench obviously but they are quite boring in raids... the thought of raiding a Ranger in general and maybe using weaponshield to "tank" a boss to clutch-prevent a wipe is far more fun and exciting than casting runes, buffs, and dumping mana into Ench nukes each boss.
    8. Why those 4 classes? ... charm, malo, ports, sow, manaburn, track, and rangertankingbecausenobodycantellmerangersarenottanksthankyouverymuch!
    9. I will probably PL another class combo if time permits depending on what to do between AoE zone farming groups (more wizards, another enchanter) or actually roll a tank/cleric/zerker type thing.

Raid Availability and brownie-point earning helpful guildy stuff

10. I have Sunday-Tuesday off most days and return from work early enough in general to make any raid starting 7:30pm EST or later on any day.
    11. I will easily be able to raid AT LEAST 2 times a week and can certainly bring boxes if wanted with no expectation of reward or loot for them.
    12. I don't care about loot, dkp, loot councils, or any drama attached to it. I love the game and want to experience the raid scene for at least 2 years well up to and past Luclin. I have RL time to spare.
    13. I can "solo" the entire ench epic aside from a rogue picking Chardok prince's door and maybe dps for Cazel regen... can't remember how strong it is
    14. I can "solo" the entire shammy epic aside from PoF named golems.
    15. I can "solo" the entire wiz epic aside from PoF enraged golem and VS
    16. I can "solo" the rest of the ranger epic aside from VS spawned version for stone.
    17. I will help you all "duo" your epic mobs as noted in #4.
    18. Also note that I've done multiple Ench epics and know how to check and race for the bottlenecks quite well. I will even help "main" enchanters in my guild get their epic before me.
    19. Why not end with the number 19? It's the number of the decade [insert rant about all our money going straight to pharmaceutical corporations for their plandemic.] ... all the more reason to escape RL.

If you are part of a guild that plans to raid on my off days or after 7:30 PM EST, please let me know. I prefer more casual folks but will roll with some try-hards provided they aren't too toxic. Also feel free to reply-bump this to the top and insert all the hilarious psuedo sarcastic remarks we've come to know and love from the EQ TLP community.
    Yinla and Crabman like this.
  2. Catalina Journeyman

why put in that much effort for people you don't even know. not like theyre gonna help you back. you don't need to do all that stuff to join a guild
  3. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

WHEN CAN YOU START?
    jeskola and Installing Updates like this.
  4. Enchy New Member

Because I have no friends and want to make some lasting virtual EQ friendships. What else am I going to do with 4 active accounts? Farm a mountain of krono? I'm going to prolly buy 2 or 3 a month depending on how much I want to grind AA or optimize my box's gear.
  5. Siah Elder

Come to Aradune, I can help you get started if you like.
  6. generic Journeyman

RAPIERS ALL YOU NEED WE ROLL DEEP WITH 1k MEMBERS
  7. Kasya/Rasz New Member

This is deffo one to avoid
    Crabman likes this.
  8. Basak Augur

Cut that down to like 80-120 members and I would consider it an option.
  9. Gnomie Denser than most

Rapiers are the kind of friends that will have you doing meth and selling your body in a week.
  10. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Ideal membership count is <= 32
  11. Basak Augur

Indeed, but I am saying I wouldn't join a 1k+ member guild, but I would join a 80-120 member guild at most, but most certainly I would join lower as long as it's not like 12.
  12. jeskola pheerie

Are you this long-winded in-game? If so, I understand the lack of friends.
  13. Elabone Augur

Step 1 - Wait for server announcement
    Step 2 - go to the guild recruitment page
    Step 3 - find the guild that suits you.

0 reason to make a thread about yourself. Noone cares.
    FranktheBank likes this.