No TLP, just a new server.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kylo Classic, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Kylo Classic Augur

How about you just release a new server so we can race to 120. I think it would be really easy.
    Cronar likes this.
  2. Machen New Member

Why would you post this in the TLP forum?
  3. generic Journeyman

SOUNDS LIKE A BOBBYBICK IDEA
  4. coltongrundy Augur

Meanwhile live servers are constantly being consolidated because there aren't enough people who want to play live to justify how many servers they already have.
  5. mark Augur

it dosent mean that a lot of returning players wouldent join the new server because they can get groups or lvl up with mercs.
  6. mark Augur

give 1 month for people to reach lvl 50,then 1 month for each other lvl increase,defiant mercs from lvl1 and of course boxing ,give 10aa where before people got 1 aa also open up pok and make all spells available from day 1 or just grant all aa automaticly has you lvl.
  7. Arclyte Augur

If I was a pokemon, I would be Psyduck, so I could gain power every time guys like you gave me a headache
    Appren and TheRedBandit like this.
  8. TheRedBandit Elder

Had to log in just to like this.
    Arclyte and Hekkthebank like this.
  9. Cronar Elder

People scoff at OP's idea, but it is actually something that would bring a ton of new folks back.
    If nothing else, you get a clean name filter and can make toons that aren't a marriage of 90 consonants and 2 vowels.
    Aenvar likes this.
  10. mark Augur

have 1 tlp and 1 live server with boxing since we dont all reside in north america.
  11. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Had to log in just to like this
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

Are they though? I don't remember the last live server that got merged, just TLPs that hit live + Brekt which doesn't count since it was a prison server. When's the last time they merged a normal rule set, non TLP live server?
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...8-What-is-the-EverQuest-server-merge-history-
    Looks like 2010?
    Edit: Brekt was also an TLP or something wasn't it? Not familiar with it's history
  13. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

• New characters start at Level 51 with 50 AA points, wearing a full set of level-appropriate Defiant gear.
    • Experience rate on Quarm is set to the same rates as other live servers.
    • All expansions up to and including Omens of War are unlocked. Race / class combinations that are available in Omens of War will be available on Quarm.
    • There will be no expansion unlocks past Omens of War during Event I.
    • Most items are tradable, using the same tradability restrictions as the Firiona Vie server.
    • True box rules apply. Multiple accounts cannot be played on the same hardware.
    • The Recruit-a-Friend experience bonus is disabled to maintain a fair competitive environment.
    • The server will have a finite time limit. At a minimum, it will run for 3 months, but this could be extended.
    • Once the Event has ended, and all characters on Quarm will be moved to a new server. The new server will follow the standard server ruleset. There are no plans to allow transfers off of this new server.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

Thanks!
    So yeah, 2010 since the last real live server merge.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Fresh start Live servers have been about as popular as a "floater" in a swimming pool.

That's not to say the idea will always be bad.

But before that's attempted again I think EQ needs to have had a full revamp & a proper advertising campaign to build interest for it.
  16. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Are you talking about poop?
  17. strongbus Augur

I rather get a new live server then a new TLP one. people talk bout botters and such destorying the game? as someone who started playing round 2001. I say the TLP servers have done alot more damage to the game.

1. the derv have to waste time dealing with the different rules of the servers that could be better spent on fixing issue with live server.

2. because of the fact that the back end server holding all info for the game are linked every time they make some change for TLP to not be over powered it messes with live as well.

3. There is no real reason for them. everything you can do on a TLP server can be done on a live server. Its a matter of just playing the way you want.
  18. Captain Video Augur

You've forgotten about Trakanon. It was merged into Vox on May 2020. Trak and Vox were the last two blue rules servers launched, and they were both essentially dead after three months once the server-first crowd had finished with them. The only reason Vox was launched was because they wanted to have a fresh start server when FTP was launched, and that brought in very few new players. Those two could easily have been merged years earlier. As of now, all the other live servers appear stable and reasonably well populated, so no talk about pending merges that I've heard.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Your whole post ignores the fact that TLP generate a lot of money, money that helps paying for the Live game to continue being developed & improved.

A new live server might suit you, but it will come nowhere close to what a TLP generates in income.