2 mischief clones,one with truebox one without.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by johnnie, Apr 4, 2022.

1. johnnie Journeyman

yes 2 mischief clones ,one with truebox one without these way the majority of players on the tlps would be happy.also on the non boxing server they should restrict to 1 account for ip,if families want to play together they can play on the boxing server.
    dwiguslowater and Gormgeous like this.
  2. Haak Augur

Not only would it be illogical to cannibalize their existing 'oddball' rules set server by releasing more of the same, it's also a wild assumption that the majority wants it. Everything is anecdotal unless Daybreak releases statistics, and everyone I know hated it and quit because of it. Boot up Diablo if you need random loot dropping everywhere - that isn't EQ's thing. They need to shelve the gimmick and use it sparingly in the future, if ever again.
  3. johnnie Journeyman

its funny all my good friends box and love the random loot rule and most of my guild loves boxing and the random loot and we do welcome single players.
  4. johnnie Journeyman

haak you and your friends that quitted what was it about it ? making the game to easy or to hard to trade and make krono ? also you have to remember the people actually playing the game are the ones bringing money to eq and every server at launch has log in issues.currently i have 3 active accounts and they are on a yearly sub since i play the game for fun.
  5. coltongrundy Augur

Just play on Mischief.
    Vindar and Appren like this.
  6. Thewiz Augur

As far as boxing goes I would spin up 5 more accounts for a non-truebox TLP. Otherwise I keep 1 sub or possibly none. How many people do the same though out of all the TLP people here is the question.
  7. Chaoslayer Journeyman

I was not a huge fan of how the random loot worked myself because of Hawk’s Diablo comment. It is frustrating to want something and not be able to just go camp it. The flip side of that I think the random loot was a way for them to try to stop items being permanently camped. That also sucks and has happened on the past 25 Mangler clones truebox or not. If they play with the random loot again I would like to see the mob drop their normal item 30% or 50% of the time. This would let you get the surprise of random loot but also the ability to go camp xyz.
  8. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Free trade. PvP. Non-Random loot. Selos Speed.
  9. Iove Elder

Just free trade without random loot and regular speed pls.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

On the flip side it is also frustrating to want something and not being able to camp it because the mob that drops it is camped in the static and all open picks and you don't have enough people to force open another pick.
    Appren likes this.
  11. Dominate Augur

Random loot enabled a new style of gameplay that was the most casual friendly thing to ever happen in Everquest. You could get lucky on your Grummus kill, or SolRo temple mini's and snag time loot. It made it so you didn't have to raid on a schedule 3 nights a week with 60ish other players just to DKP an item that maybe might drop.

That coupled with extra loot dropping, and it is heaven for casuals. If they ever go back to non-random non-free trade they will actually lose customers. Mischief is wildly popular for a reason.
  12. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

It's the current flavor of the month which significantly increases it's popularity. The rule set does not directly relate to it's popularity.
  13. Rcbauer Augur

No ty
  14. Rcbauer Augur

it's gonna be a ghost town in a couple months
  15. coltongrundy Augur

It sounds like you don't know how the loot on Mischief works.
  16. NoxiousBaleful New Member

I don't need the Random Loot, though I do enjoy it, but Free Trade is what makes a badass EQ economy. I understand some don't enjoy that as much as I do, so why not 1 regular server ruleset and another with either free trade / random loot (or just free trade). Remember, it took them a long long time to finally release another free trade server after FV. Look how popular FV is though.
  17. Gormgeous Elder

I very much would like a non-truebox mischief clone.

I'd like to ask a question of anyone playing on mischief that has played on previous TLPs.

Does it seem like Mischief is keeping its player base more going into GoD or lost less people over PoP?
  18. Basak Augur

I thought it was random loot, what is it then?
  19. Haak Augur

My EQ group thought we'd enjoy the Mischief ruleset prior to it's release. As much as we all have enjoyed the normal rotation through EQ mainstream every time, it felt like this would be fresh since it was tweaking a core expectation of the EQ experience. How wrong that was. Instead, it trivialized the experience to the point it wasn't even fun anymore. I was able to completely gear out multiple characters incredibly fast, with less effort or cost than any server before, so not only did it feel less rewarding to do literally anything, but most of the point was lost as well, because a lot of my guild was in a similar position so we were just smacking the loot pinata out of boredom more than necessity.

So in hindsight, I don't think the system works for EverQuest, where it might for other games that thrive off the randomness. If I'm going to invest my time into an MMO, I'd like to know what I want, where to get it, and I'd like it to be at least a little challenging (even if just on time) so I feel accomplished when I get there. I think Daybreak understands this too, otherwise they would have introduced it into other servers if it was as wildly popular as some vocal proponents continue to express. If it was a runaway success we would have seen it milked for all it's worth, yet the fact that it didn't happens suggests (to me at least) that they appreciate the change of pace but don't consider it a core feature or the future of how loot distribution will work in EverQuest.
  20. ayoforYayoh Augur

The last 2 TLP I've played i just farmed krono in classic/kunark and then fizzled out. nothing to do with the rule sets i just need a guild that doesn't raid until midnight during the week.

i go into work at 4:30am cst and i get off (i hope) at 1pm cst monday/friday. Finding an american guild that starts raids at 5-6 would be the thing that kept me.

ive tried euro / aussie guilds in the past and they work for raiding but then i'm basically a stranger to them outside of raids.