Ideas to enhance the group game?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Metanis, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Groups died after the LDoN expanison was a awesome time to find groups. Whats killed the group game is everybody that boxes there own groups well least in my case i still molo on my ranger wont last much longer as the newer expansion mobs are given way to many hps. EQ wants people to group but just dont see it nowadays unless they got rid of people being able to box.
  2. Lyyr Lorekeeper

LDoN had achievable goals with worthwhile rewards for pick up groups. Throw in fast travel between hubs and it was definitely an expansion that made it easy to get together and get playing.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  3. Shakara Augur

I think mass killing was nerfed due to game performance issues. Pulling entire zones had a tendency to lag the zone to near unplayable and sometimes lag the server.
    Raccoo likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I never said this can't be done just that it would likely lead to confusion as to why 7 people could be in a group for some things and only 6 could be in a group for other things. If you are going to be making suggestions about changing things then you need to be open to the problems that the changes might bring about.