A new direction

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Captain Video, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Captain Video Augur

DPG has taken notice of all the work done by Standing Stones Games to implement difficulty levels in LOTRO (now published by DBG). A decision has been made to go this route for all EQ content, which will necessitate some development effort before they sink their teeth into the next expansion. Providing difficulty levels in new TLPs will rule out consideration for all other off-the-wall experimental ruleset ideas proposed on the forums. New server releases will be postponed until sometime in the fall, most likely in the Oct-Nov window, while this is being undertaken.

Expect to see two new TLP servers launching then, one set at difficulty 1 and the other at difficulty 5. On the difficulty 5 server, MotM will be made at least 3x stronger, will be assigned to every NPC in the game, and will never come off. On the difficulty 1 server, all minimum player numbers on AoCs will be eliminated, and all raid targets will be changed to white bunnies.
  2. Catalina Journeyman

3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Daybreak was announced as the publisher in late 2016 and it isn't anything new.
  4. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Oh cool, is this another Discord rumor? I just LOVE those!
  5. Haak Augur

The date of this post is likely relevant to the accuracy...
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

But will it be a GoD start?
  7. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Sorry, I don't play forum PVP so I never look to see if it's a necro.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

It's not necro. He means April 1
  9. FranktheBank Augur

When you are wrong, can you just stop posting for 1 year as punishment?
  10. Captain Video Augur

Dude. April Fool's. You got bit. :)