How EQ team can make FREE* money!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by HoodenShuklak, Mar 30, 2022.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Just like in real life, hoarders are real and storage units print money... so...

Let players expand their Dragon hoard via daybreak cash! For example, "Add 50 slots to your Dragon Hoard for 500 DBC"

Easy $$$.
    Andarriel likes this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You can add up to 125 slots from the marketplace if my memory is right.
    Nennius and Ozon like this.
  3. Windance Augur

The only real inventory issue I have are collectables and trade skill items. There are just too many of them to manage efficiently. Make the dragon hoard large enough to deal with those items at a reasonable price and I'm sold.

Last time I checked there were like 40k+ unique trade skill items in the EQ Traders database.

Expanding the dragon hoard by 125 or 300 just doesn't come close.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

lol that was fast.

Do they stack/can they be purchased multiple times? Also is it per server or account wide?
    minimind likes this.
  5. Iven the Lunatic

Your are dreaming. Daybreak price would be more like 10,000 DBC for 50 extra slots.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea and please expand the holding to 1000 or so as i believe 250 is the max on it now and even that not big enough.
  7. Moege Augur

Dragon's Hoard was a good idea, unfortunately it falls short of filling the need. Only things that is in mine is notrade items that I for some reason or another do not want to destroy. If it is tradeable it is easier to hand it off/parcel to a mule.

1000 slots is way too small still. Make it 10 000 and I may be interested if it costs a once-off of max 500 DBC for the whole account.

A f2p account has 2 character slots and if you play then wait a bit you can get 3 more slots from the loyalty vendor. Fill it up with 20 slot general/36 tradeskill bags + 3 housing slot per character and you have a gigantic hoard for minimal cost.
  8. Windance Augur

I would be seriously tempted if it was large enough to store all the TS mats for around $100-$200.

The convenience of having everything accessible from one spot might be worth it, but it would need to be on the order of 20-30x times larger.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't know the details as I have never purchased them, just know that it is possible.
  10. Angahran Augur

I've made the suggestion in the past of having a 'warehouse neighborhood'.
    We don't need the pretty paths and trees and little groups of houses in little groups.
    Just give us a large grid of plots.

Now, let us buy a 'warehouse' to put on out plots.
    Give it a huge amount of storage, maybe even limit some of it to tradeskill items only, but still a decent number of regular items as well, e.g. 1000TS items and 300 normal items.
    Few placeable spaces, maybe just enough to place all of the placeable TS items.

I'm probably missing a few things but you get the idea.

Hmm, I wonder if it would be possible to have a combined banker/guild bank type NPC ?
  11. Sobmre Augur

id rather just have a tab on the bank screen for TS only items just like how its done in Path of Exile
    Truetotheblue likes this.
  12. bobbin Elder

Or introduce new player made tradeskill mat only bags that are bigger than 32 slot.
    Angahran likes this.
  13. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I want to increase stack sizes for 9999 for EVERYTHING that is stackable...20 pc stack limits need to go away hoarders wanna hoard! FOR THE HOARD!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  14. Truetotheblue Augur

A PoE Style premium stash tab would be amazing if it was in EQ. The currency tab easily one of the best things worth buying in that game. Currency, maps, and frags. Such a huge QoL improvement.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Amen!
  16. Drakang Augur

Nah they want more money, given the number of people that have been suspended lately and the ones that got missed let them pay an extra fee each month to stay off the suspend list.