3rd char in box group

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zeborg, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Zeborg New Member

With the release of GoD coming next week on mischief, I was wondering if I should stick with my current group or switch it up.

Currently I'm running a 3 box group of SK, Shaman, Monk

I like melee classes, never been a fan of casters. So was thinking, stick with monk or level up a zerker or rogue.

Not sure how these classes progress in GoD and later expansions.

The SK is raid geared if that makes a difference.
  2. Ecko Elder

stick with monk, that group is decent for doing stuff by yourself or adding in others for harder stuff if needed.

Rogues are decent by now, but still need gear. Zerkers, in my limited experience, only get good past OoW.

Monks are consistently decent, shamans keep getting better from OoW and beyond and SK's are just consistently good.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Truetotheblue Augur

If you're happy with those three, stick with those three. Rogue would be comparable DPS to the monk for a while. Zerker will start to excel after OoW and the gap will start to grow, but won't be noticeably large for many more expansions, and they're all three kind of in the same range for a bit.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Stagentti Augur

Longer you play, more the SK will become the best group tank and for boxing.

Shaman makes em amazing.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Ultrazen Augur

Bard is really good in that setup, I ran that combo for a long time. Both the shaman and the SK benefit greatly from the mana regen, and most of time the bard can be an AFK melody bot. You end up being able to concentrate more on the shaman and the SK, which are both busy classes if you're really getting the most out of them. The mana regen allows the SK and Shaman to really spam spells/dots, so you end up with about the same group DPS without the hassle of dealing with 2 melee characters.

Bard/Sha/SK is easy mode. It's pretty handy to have that CC in a pinch as well.
  6. fakenames Journeyman

stick with what you have if you go rog or zerk you lose alot of pulling options mnk has and if you go brd you losing alot of dps. you have the entire core of a group with your 3 man so you can add who or what ever and make it work. ideally you add a bard and two more melee dps but anything works.

zerks suck in god and when they get there 2.0 in oow they can compete with monks but over a long grind session will be behind the monks significantly.