Druid Epic 1.5 Goblin Hide and Seek

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Mogley, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Mogley Lorekeeper

So I have been working on the Druid epic and there is a bug or it is broken. I have already contacted Day Break, and they told me to contact the Devs, and or do a bug report this is what I sent them: I have gotten to the point as to making the Poor Goblin Disguise. Then went to Frontier Mts. and parked in front of The Temple Of Droga and waited for 7 pm game time. I clicked on the disguise at 7 pm like I was supposed to do and in Goblin Lang say Start the contest. There was supposed to be an emote zonewide. This part is called Goblin Hide n’ Seek. Then The contest starts. Many Goblin Seekers will spawn. The goblins will attack you even with the illusion on, so remain invisible. After the king says that the contest has begun, a Goblin Hider will pop. The event is over if you find and kill the hider, or if the king declares it to be over. Track the hider for fastest results, or head to -2145, +2985. Make sure to find the real hider. If you try to snare or root the wrong one, you'll see this:. So I did it exactly the way it said to do. At 7pm game time I cast the Goblin Disguise and said Start the contest. Nothing happened no zone wide emote. So I waited to see if anything would happen and nothing. I killed goblins to get the stuff again, went to forage the items to make the green dye made the dye (2) of them then went to the tailoring table made the disguise (2) then went back to Frontier Mts. And waited again for 7pm game time. Same thing nothing. I have one more disguise left but not going to use it in case this thing is bugged. And this is their responce: I wanted to get back to you regarding your troubles with what may very well be a bugged or malfunctioning mechanic within EverQuest. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you today. Please be sure to use the in-game /bug command so that our team can pinpoint the issue and initiate an internal fix for this. During this time, CS is unable to manually adjust your issue for immediate correction, as this will need to be done through dev first. Once it is fixed and you still require assistance, you can let us know.

EverQuest Official Forums provide patch update notes, under the Game Update Notes (Live) section. As the timeline of bug fixing can vary, we are unable to provide any ETA's for reported bugs and encourage players to check back in the future using our boards. We highly appreciate your understanding and if you have any future questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.. Now I have dopne this 4 times now, and I did a /bug report in game waited for about 4 hours collecting the stuff to do it again. I am tired of doing this thing. Something is wrong here and no one seems to want to fix

2. GNOME_POWER Augur

It seems that various confirmation items are missing.

Server?
    Do you have 100 goblin language skills?
    Did you say "Start the contest" to a nearby "a goblin whipcracker" after disguise?
  3. Mogley Lorekeeper

Goblin Language is at 100 and yes I said Start the contest and was next to a whipcracker after the disguise. Yes it was 7pm game time. Now I am out of the disguige so I ended up foraging all the stuff to make another one had to kill x amount of goblins to get the materials that I need so I can make the disguise and I can now make 4 of them to try it out again. Also did /bug in game waited 4 hours and no responce. Druid is lvl 116 so I dont worry about having to fight them
  4. Mogley Lorekeeper

Server is Drinal
  5. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I guess, more importantly, did you type in: /say Start the contest or just: Start the contest

It might have said it in common tongue if you didn't use /say. IDKW it is like that. I don't remember it being like that way back when.. but when I did the RoF Xorbb quests and had to speak in goblin (because I was a druid) I kept missing the updates and getting yelled at by the quest giver unless I typed /say first.
  6. Mogley Lorekeeper

I set all my chat windows to Goblin and yes I did say /say Start the contest
  7. Derd Augur

Are you in the right frontier mountains? Just wondering since you commented that being 116 you didn't have to worry about being killed. The mobs should be like level 29 -31
  8. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Try making a hotkey with both /say and without.

Also, don't do it at 7PM game time. Wait until like 9PM or so.
  9. Mogley Lorekeeper

Well every thing I have read said to do it at 7pm game time I guess I can wait and try it at 7pm again then do it at 9pm game time
  10. Mogley Lorekeeper

Yes I am in the right Frontier Mts. The 15 page Druid quest said to be at Temple of Droga and that is where I am at