Legacy Satchel

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Xrion, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Xrion New Member

I have an item I can claim called “Legacy Satchel”. It has three pieces of armor, a weapon and a few items with charges. It says that the armor and weapon will be level appropriate. My highest level character is 20 now, but leveling seems to go very fast. I'm not sure what class I want to level and it looks like I only get one chance to claim it. Should I claim and open this with a level 20 or lower character? Or should I wait until a later level? I haven’t felt the need for gear while grinding, but some of the items in the /claim box are quite old and I’d like to clear them out. Thanks.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It mentions in the comments on Allah:

helm pants and sleeves defiant up to level 80 no matter that character is 94 and defiant weapon up to level 80

So with that info and the fact that Defiant gear is fairly easy to get, be it dropped or as a reward for the daily kill 5 from Teek. Which starts at level 20!

Thru those you can get a piece of armor for neck, shoulder and back. And you can get new stuff every 5 - 10 levels I think it is.

And as you said, right now armor is not an issue.

Considering those facts I would wait for a little higher level. Most players slow down around 60 so maybe then. And that weapon would be more useful at a higher level too.

Why clear your claim window? My problem is that I am never sure if that main character will be the one I stay with. Have changed mains on a couple accounts so glad I never claimed some of the items.

But on the other hand, I have garbage in there from the beginning and a ton of stuff I got when LON was closing out. Just tap the heading on the top and it will sort alphabetically.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  3. Alnitak Augur

Elegant Defiant armor (required lvl 70, recommended lvl 80) can be purchased from the merchant in unlimited quantities. Also, equivalent armor is available through other means.
    Elaborate Defiant armor (required lvl 59, recommended lvl 70) can only be looted.
    In my experience there is a shortage of Elaborate Defiant armor or prices are unrealistically high at bazaar.
    As such, I would recommend to wait till lvl 60 to /claim that satchel.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I would say. Claim and open the satchel, so you have more bag space at low level.

Put the 3 armors (look like gift boxes) and weapon (looks like quiver) in your bank, to open at 60? I think. I think both armor and weapon stats are bracketed at every 10 levels.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think that is what he is trying to find out. If he opens it now at level 20 then will the items be level 20 - I say yes they will be even if he waits till a higher level to open the individual items. Its the satchel that is the claim and will determine the level not the sub items in it.

Will be interesting to find out if OP goes that way
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I didn't want to sound 100% certain. I have so many alts. I usually claim the armor and weapon earlier. But I have waited and it does scale to you when opened regardless of when the 'Gift Of Legacies Lost' (satchel itself) was opened.

It could have changed though. So testing now.
  7. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

CONFIRMED.

Open 'Gift Of Legacies Lost' at level 1.

The armors and weapon scale to the level you are when you open them. Level 1 got Crude, L11 got Crude, L25 got Rough.

The Satchel is only 7 slots.
    5 charge PoK book is good for low level melee.
    10 xp potions are low level, better used early, I'd think.
    10 speed potions are really only useful if low level.
    Rondor and CatsPaws like this.