[Feedback] 23rd Anniversary tasks

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Disapointed to see the only reward for completing the 3 tasks was a little over 200 platinum per task. No exp, no item just a small amount of plat. :( Nothing at all for the achievement. :(

Quests were interesting, but not worth time it took to complete them.
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel and Morigaine like this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

Please correct me if I am wrong...

I am under the impression that if you are a raider, there is nothing that you would want/need from the group tasks and mission. If that is correct, then that is disappointing.
  3. Angahran Augur

Even if you're not a raider it seems like there is nothing you would want.
    Coagagin and Ibadan Kun'Tirel like this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

5. Svann2 The Magnificent

The 4th kill of the mission has an obvious hint text:
    "Balance is required to fully understand where you stand in the cycle. Sahteb Mahlni drives..."
    but there is no achievement for doing whatever its hinting you should do. Could be a hidden bonus?
    minimind likes this.
  6. minimind The Village Idiot

Coagagin likes this.
  7. Morigaine Elder

Agree that the new group content is fairly disappointing. Each year prior to anniversary, I make a list of stuff to farm for new toons that were leveled in the prior year. The standard list is

Stein
    Black Pearl
    Collectors Case
    Bone Rod fishing pole
    Shrink ring and then maybe some situational clickies depending on the class.

Last year added the unity feather and copper augs (which btw has been turned into an insulting rng pos mission with the way lockouts are applied and there is a ~15% chance at named),

This year there is nothing worthwhile to farm. I will run the quests on all toons once and never look at this content again. Several of the chest items are not even better than ToL group ore gear when you take into account the fact that some slots have security ore options with far superior AC.

Having the raid is a nice addition but can’t comment on it yet but for non-raiders, this year is just blah.
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel likes this.
  8. Orienn TreeHugger

I had taken a couple year break so really the only thing I was looking forward to doing was the unity feather clicky. But I just recently made a bard alt so I been going back and doing all the stuff he never got. I was hoping there would be some more cool clickies or illusions with this new anniversary but it doesn't look like it.
  9. strongbus Augur

on these task has anyone got a correct answer for what is min level for the mission/task?
  10. Nniki Augur

I believe that's simply the text indicating the white decals are spawning. This mission and the preceding task, Death Finds a Way, are just teaching you about Drinal, Ehayae, and Sahteb Mahlni:

Drinal, Ehayae, and Sahteb Mahlni are three of the forces that keep the ebb and flow of life continuing on Norrath. Drinal is the Silver Reaper who culls lives in order to ferry souls to their next stages. Ehayae is known as the Matron of the Dawn and is responsible for sowing life across all of Norrath. However, the primal forces that drive the living to thrive come from Sahteb Mahlni, the Feral Spirit.

Each of the encounters in Beyond Espoir is associated with one and then you get the final test with Sineb covering all three.

1. Primal forces protect and bring me vitality! Ehayae sows...
    = a primal soothsayer and a brawny auger spawn
    2. Balance is required to fully understand where you stand in the cycle. Sahteb Mahlni drives...
    = white decals
    3. ...and Drinal Reaps!! Show me what you learned today!
    = Sineb shows you Drinal's might for 264129 damage.

Completion text...

Krastoraab Puremane says, 'Excellent. Thank you for returning this to me. This proves that you were able to overcome the challenges that the disciples have given you. Your understanding is complete. Without Ehayae's work, there can be no death. Without Drinal's work, there can be no life. Without Sahteb Mahlni, there can be no strength or drive for progress. Thank you for taking these lessons to heart Nniki. I do hope we cross paths again in the future. Until then, go in peace and know that you play an important role in cycle of life and death.'

Your education about the work of Ehayae, Drinal, and Sahteb Mahlni is complete.
    Astral64, Svann2 and Sancus like this.
  11. Razorfall Augur

The special familiar was a let down. Same effect as ice bound ulthork :(
    Nniki, Emilari, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  12. Sancus Augur

I agree, and I'd note that this is a problem with the rewards, rather than with the quests themselves. The quests may or may not be good, and I'll never know because I don't have a reason to complete them. This anniversary actually has relatively more content than some prior years, but the itemization is the least inspired of any anniversary that I can remember (a direct copy/paste of last expansion's familiar buff is particularly disappointing). Most people I know who don't care about achievement checkmarks logged in, did the raid, and logged out.

The Luclinite Horde Cube (from ToL) is a really good example of an interesting click that gave a reason to interact with content (the upper floors of VT). That's not even a vertical power gain; it's just a fun click (like anniversaries used to have). EQ itemization has been standardized for a long time, but it benefited significantly from the handful of interesting non-standardized items (anniversary items, evolving items, VP chase items, FM Ancient items, etc.). There seems to be less and less of those :(
  13. Sobmre Augur

are you really surprised that you are disappointed in the content? I am so used to being disappointed and underwhelmed that im numb to it from eq. I tend to really look at my own personality to why i take it over and over and keep coming back for more. yes i love the game but it depresses me i feel like im taken advantaged of because it
  14. Warpeace Augur

I found nothing worth the effort to replay any of this years solo tasks or the group mission.

Have not done Mad Emperor raid yet so maybe it will be worth while loot.