boxing tlp please.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, Mar 14, 2022.

1. mark Augur

i would love the new tlps to be boxing friendly,running 6 pcs is such a waste of energy all 6 pcs where manual using hotkeys, pull with warrior run back to camp,3rd pc to 6th pc press 1 hotkey on each wichis ,assist main,time deley,debuff,snare,slow,nuke send the 2 mage pets in and then the sit command, 5 lines worth of command etc,the second pc hotkey target main tank quick heal and then if needed manually group heal,ch,da etc or it can be done on 1 pc after a while you become good at it you swap instances with the mouse and press the hot key on each instance.
    Gormgeous and Ileasa like this.
  2. Protagonist Tank

They did one. It was wildly unpopular.
    rangerous likes this.
  3. a_librarian Augur

this bait has a 1000% chance to succeed
    xmPradah likes this.
  4. FranktheBank Augur

Go play on Rizlona. Very popular server.
  5. mark Augur

i love new tlps everyear i enjoy the modern version of the first year of eq(thank god no corpse runs)
    Ileasa likes this.
  6. Piznut Angry Gnome

Rizlona was wildly unpopular early on compared to the no box server (Aradune).

Boxing servers don't do well in the early expansions, because that's part of the "charm" to most people, is being able to group with other people, and that classic EQ feel.

If you just want a boxing server so you can farm Krono that's one thing. But having large box groups in the original content, especially when there are significantly less exp spots and camps is grounds for insane toxicity.
    Digler and Fenthen like this.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

Pretty sure Rizlona was one of the worst servers for krono farming. When you can farm everything yourself off 1 pc, why pay someone copious krono for it?
    Skuz, xmPradah, Glow and 1 other person like this.
  8. FranktheBank Augur

None of this was true, as evidence from Rizlona. This is you listing off why you [think you] dislike Rizlona. Krono is harder to farm on a boxing server, because everyone is boxing. At the same time, there are huge amounts of boxers, especially if you are guilded, that are happy to drop a box for a real player.
    People like boxing because they don't like relying on people (esp on a boxing server) and especially relying on some of the mouth-breathing pugs I have experienced.

Rizlona is like top 3 popularity for servers, game wide, while aradune is dying.
    RDworld, Xanadas, xmPradah and 5 others like this.
  9. Piznut Angry Gnome

I personally didn't play there, but do have some friends that 30 boxed for krono. One showed me he had made about 400-500 krono by Velious. There were quite a few people that 2-3 boxed over there that would buy things...but I agree.

The issue to me has never been 2-6 boxers; but the 30-70 boxers. The problem is that DPG doesn't police it. There have been obvious 30-70 boxers running around on Mischief since the server started. there's no fathomable way that happens with out third party software, but they were never punished.

I personally would prefer a server that is Truebox through POP, then unlocks boxing after the next set of TLP's open up and the population diminishes. That gives people options to exp and still play without being so dependent on groups on a server with severely depleted populations. But I think this is one of the driving factors that darkpaw uses to push players toward a new TLP.

At the end of the day, the more people who leave for a new TLP the more money they make, due to bag sales, etc.
    Skuz and Digler like this.
  10. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

11. FranktheBank Augur

500kr by velious is an extremely low bar for someone big boxing.
  12. Piznut Angry Gnome

Yeah I know, but it's still a lot by normal standards. So there's still Krono to be made on boxing servers.
  13. a_librarian Augur

'krono is harder to farm on rizlona' (seconds later) '500 krono is chump change for a rizlona raid boxer'
  14. FranktheBank Augur

That same person, by comparison, would be clearing 5000 krono by velious on a truebox tlp.
  15. Piznut Angry Gnome

I stated early on though. Early on Aradune was insanely more popular than Rizlona. It wasn't even comparable. The population of Aradune dwindled off when new TLP's came out, and also by the fact that the "no box" rule was not being enforced at all. There were 30-40 boxers on Aradune just like every other server. People complained, nothing was done. At the end of the day, Aradune became just another generic TLP that gets abandoned with the next set of TLP, while Rizlona maintained a unique ruleset that led to it being more popular later on.
  16. FranktheBank Augur

They were both very popular. Aradune was just more popular. That doesn't make Rizlona unpopular.
    The problem many people have is they expect the population of the new tlp on launch (aradune, mischief, etc) to be the normal level of population. Even by PoP they are like "server dead bye", when in reality its way more populated than any server used to be.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. verbatim Elder

Let's get two servers one boxing one normal, free trade, and cross server transfers between them. At least one significant guild would set up on the boxing server to monopolize the ow, server transfers would remove the largest deterrent from starting there (network effects of not being on the high pop server). Cross server trade could compensate for population imbalance.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

This should be every server including the ones that are already launched. Truebox has its place and time and mid-late expansions are not it.
    Skuz and Piznut like this.
  19. hellofriend New Member

There was indeed lots of krono to be made on Rizlona. I started there with 6 boxes, and by a month in I was boxing 24, all paid for by krono farmed in game. Mostly just from raw plat, but as well Rubi BPs in the first week they were dropping(must have sold 25+ at 1kr a pop as I dominated every pick and shut others out), and FBSS/SMR.
    Well to be honest I don't usually go that hard on the farm, and I actually had to quit from the intensity. Guk was basically a PVP zone on that server. I can only live keeping my head on a swivel for so long. XD
  20. Arclyte Augur

you should seek professional help