Suspension without notification

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Esiah, Mar 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esiah New Member

Did anyone else get suspended and not receive an email? From what I understand normally people get an email telling them how long they are suspended for and why maybe…
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There was another wave of suspensions yesterday. Most of the follow up emails were delayed or never showed up.

But even if there was an email it would only say you were suspended for "cheating" and not really tell you much more. Like which cheat you were doing or ?

Normal suspensions are 7 days, and those of you who got your second one yesterday are looking at 14 days.

Perhaps they are switching to just doing notifications of the suspension on the log in screen and no longer sending out email?.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Doubtful. The more likely scenario is the OPs account is tied to an email account they no longer check or have access to.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

I'd say the actual more likely scenario is that DBG's mail server is broken, which would go along with numerous other problems they had yesterday.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I wasn't aware they were having issues. Could be you're right!
  6. Derd Augur

Its is good to see them continue to hand out suspensions. Was afraid the just before new raid tier rounds meant it would fade away with tier 3 being out.
    minimind likes this.
  7. Esiah New Member

Why would I state I didn't receive an e-mail if I didn't check check my e-mail or did not have access to the original e-mail?

As of today I have still not received an e-mail for the four accounts that I was using.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

EQ is a very old game. I no longer have access to the email account I originally set EQ up on.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Simple answer is they are not consistent or seem to not follow their own procedures.
  10. Bamboo New Member

My suspensions were finally lifted. Worked out well, 2 weeks forced to find a new favorite game, and tonight I could finally log in and cancel all my accounts. DB has the WORST concept of customer support ever. When I originally came back I was surprise eq was still around, now... i'm even more surprised.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Don't cheat, and they have fine customer service. Also, you could have quite easily "cancelled" your account while it was suspended. In fact there is no reason to go in game to cancel your account. It is not something that is managed in game.
  12. Warpeace Augur

No their CS is still terrible across the board.
  13. Khat_Nip Meow

This thread = The po-po didn't alert me that I had a warrant for the bad stuff I do. Instead they busted down my door at 5AM and nicked me. Oh woe is me.
    Flatchy likes this.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I don't think one has the ability to log into account management to cancel while suspended.

That is why one would have to file a petition from a new account to dispute it.
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I can see you not being able to file a petition or the like, but cancelling the recurring subscription on an account is not something that any company can prevent a person from doing regardless of their status. I have not been suspended though, so I cannot actually say. But I would say that would be a violation of regulations within the USA.
  16. Slasher Augur

I hate when people say stuff without knowing what they're talking about.

No you cannot log into account management if your account is suspended or banned so to cancel a sub you would have to petition on a new account.
    Winnowyl, Bardy McFly and Metanis like this.
  17. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

People often assume, "there must be a law!"

There is a law (or statute), it has limitations.

Main applicable limitation, Minimum Damages.

A suspension is temporary.

Being unable to cancel before a $15 charge (that can be cancelled on the credit card end), is not worth the court's time. Be warned: a chargeback will get you banned.
    Metanis likes this.
  18. Rhythar Augur

Can you say anything more about these suspensions? Was it for automation? Do you think this was a result of new anti-cheating code or GM policing? Personally I haven't noticed the GMs acting any differently.
  19. Warpeace Augur

I wish, that does not seem to be the pattern though...its still random. Some people were suspended T1 for that special software and got a 7 day, then T2 launch they got another 7 day for the same thing. And since people were suspended for that's use they were never banned either.

There just seems to be a complete lack of consistency how the rules are applied and how punishment is applied. Upside people are being suspending for things they should not be doing.
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I've found them to be pretty responsive, with most of my support tickets getting a human response within 12 hours. Let's be honest - an emergency in a player's mind does not constitute an emergency for the company. A 12-24 hour response time is pretty good for game support.

That said, I believe CS is a bit too unforgiving when it comes to in-game support. Being told "too bad, so sad" when an NPC eats the quest items you spent 5 days procuring is a pretty harsh response. Or "be more aware when you are destroying items" when you accidentally destroy your best weapon when it has the exact same inventory icon as three other weapons.

I'll admit I have also been forgiven and granted replacement items when one of the above scenarios have occurred - which is really nice. But the inconsistency is really the part that CS needs to correct. In this respect, Warpeace, you are absolutely correct. Inconsistent support is a bad thing.
    Nennius likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.