Necro vs Beastlord solo at 120

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xazier, Mar 5, 2022.

1. baby-iksar Journeyman

Oh, i see... You are right, I need to downplay necros so we don't get nerfed to heck.

True facts:

• We are so weak, we can actually dot ourselves and die. Especially when Cascading Rot is enabled.
    • BST and MAG pets actually love their owners. The affection is real. Whereas necro pets secretly hate us. Sometimes when we are afk, I feel like our pets do bad things to us.
    • If we melee we can break our own feign deaths. It's hard to be a necro melee.
  2. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Well, I can beat any tier 2 named with my mage. The only 2 I can't beat are in VT. The ph is surrounded by 5 mobs. My pet won't survive 6 mobs. Other than that, they're easy.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

You corrected me by saying what I said in other words...?

Of the 3 pet classes, the necro pet is the weakest pet. Necro's make up for this by having the most tools. No where in that did I say the NEC pet or the NEC are incapable.

I call NEC the Enchanters of the Undead. As an ENC main, that is a high compliment. I believe NEC to the be the most independent class in the game, and if I were to play any class other than ENC, BRD and NEC would be a tough choice for me, and it would probably be NEC. I only box a MAG because the mage pet is stronger than the NEC pet and I went based on pet tanking ability since it's one and only job as my box is to tank. DPS is secondary.
  4. Rizzin Elder

I really think the pets being better might be related to what they have on them when they are created. For example, the Mage pet is summoned with all the Mage pet gear and I assume something similar might be happening with the Beast pet. The Necro Pet does not have that stuff.

When I give these pets full Conflag armor, COV jewelry/weapons (or better) and they are equally buffed (Guild Hall buffs) they all feel exactly the same, with one exception.... the Necro pet has a lifetap which really does help both their health and agro.
  5. Lurikeen Journeyman

I recommend you solo play both classes and get a feel for them. I have played both classes and now molo a necro (lvl 120 with an EM30 pet) almost exclusively. There are, of course, times where solo/molo is not optional, but for the most part my necro can go pretty much anywhere and solo. Yes, even in dungeons the necro does very well with their pest paralysis AA, Fear Storm AA, and the screaming line of spells all combined work nicely for crowd control. Our shade line of pets are capable tanks. I haven't fear kited, or kited at all, for quite a long time. There simply isn't a need to do so once you figure out your pet and your spell line up. And necro dps... excellent. I usually am lazy and have two or three mobs dotted while my skele hord (mustn't forget these capable little guys!) and pet are beating down the mobs. You just need the play time to figure out how to use the tools and you will do well.
  6. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Necro by alot. Box two necros if ya got em. Add a mage for a nice three box and drink as much as you'd like. Not likely to die.
  7. Sotu Sotu Journeyman

I think we are one of the few classes that can die in Plane of Knowledge. Dot yourself, then do mana conversion. You'd have to get the Dot before entering the zone from elsewhere.