Merge DoDh and PoR for Aradune and Rizlona, please?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nessirfiti, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Nessirfiti Augur

And maybe Dragons/DoDh and PoR for future TLPs?

9 months at level 70 is too long, in my opinion. and Dragons has very limited content, Depths has a decent amount, but I honestly don't remember Prophecy of Ro being anything but a wasteland, raiding wise.
  2. Machen New Member

Just skip PoR and go straight to TSS after DoDH. Better than having to raid PoR for 2 months.
  3. c313 Augur

Prophecy of Ro has more raid content than DoDH. Combining the two is not necessary ... imo

Now DoN and DoDH would be a more ideal merging choice as their is really only 2 raid targets in DoDH that is worth doing outside of the expansion progression reward.
  4. Nessirfiti Augur

Aye, but Aradune and Rizlona are about 3 weeks from DoN being over, I'll admit this request is selfish, because Holy crap I am not at all looking forward to 5 more months of being level 70.
  5. Nessirfiti Augur

Yeah, my thought is they really should just combine the two and release them both on March 30.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not saying that they would do it but with the launch of DoDh just over 3 weeks away and the next patch is 2 days away I would guess this request is to late to have any chance of happening.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Machen New Member

It was too late when the server launched. They don't change the schedule any more.
  8. Xhartor Augur

Circle clickies are important...
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  9. Dailor Augur

I'd throw my name into this hat.
  10. Dailor Augur

Do they disappear when PoR isn't the current expansion?
    Machen likes this.
  11. FranktheBank Augur

Jesus Christ, please combine these launches for all TLPs, just like LDoN with PoP.
  12. Xhartor Augur

No, The circle clickies also drop form some of the Solteris encounters in TBS, UF, HoT, a few other place later on.

Symbol of Mezzoforte has Circle of Power III:

4: Increase Spell Critical Direct Damage Chance by 3%
    5: Increase Chance to Critical Hit by 120% with All Skills

This is an area of effect buff.
    1 minute Duration, and half hour reuse time.

Being able to chain click these is a DPS increase for the entire raid.
    As an example: if you this click buff while doing Lethar's Final Stand (TSS raid): you are more likely to push through each phase before doom/sunset go out.
  13. a_librarian Augur

Omens - 2 Months
    DoN - 1 Month
    DoDh - 2 Months
    PoR - 1 Month

current TLPs are being left to rot ofc but mischief has a chance since that server's success reflects positively on the dev that's taken sole responsibility for managing the server.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Rhythar Augur

What's with all the speed runners? I'd prefer each expansion to be at least 6 months long. There's so much to do, and it's a slow-paced game. It often takes a week just to farm a single item. And what if you wanna try multiple classes? I think if you want the server to reach live so quickly, you should just skip to live. Personally, I want lots more time to enjoy each expansion.
    Ileasa likes this.
  15. a_librarian Augur

I'm suspect you're not playing on a server on these expansions so your opinion is pretty worthless in the discussion. The 70s expansion stretch is a wasteland of raid logging and ghosting.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Rhythar Augur

That's pretty harsh. I'm playing on Aradune. I want lots of time to enjoy all the expansions. I want the server to be around for a long time. As soon as it hits live, it's just a live server. If you've rushed through the content and are done, then play something else. Don't take these expansions away from slowpokes and first-timers like me.
    Goburs and Ileasa like this.
  17. Twizzzy New Member

The only people who want shorter expansion cycles are krono farmers who want to constantly sell items at the highest prices. Or hardcore players who complete content in the first few days and are fully geared in first few weeks.

Expansions need to last a long enough time to ensure the casual player base is maintained.
  18. FranktheBank Augur

6 month expacs = dead server. Most people get bored and quit. If you want to level on a dead server, pick a low pop live server and level there.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Machen New Member

Yes, circle clickies are important. And people can go get them during TSS just like they could during DoDH if DoDH and PoR were released together. We don't need 2 months of PoR being the end game raid content just to be able to get the circle clickies.
  20. Triconix Augur

Calling POR end game raid content is more of a technicality or battle of semantics. You're not going to stop raiding DP because there are still multiple BIS items there. I could just as easily argue that currently its 16 weeks months DP end game raid content with the final 8 including POR.

And even if it's released together, isn't POR still the "end game" raid content? It doesn't change anything in regards to that terminology.

P.S. I'm fine merging DoDh and POR. I'd personally choose DoDh 1 month stand alone for it to get its time in the sun as the solitary end game expansion then X amount of time of DODH + POR. 4 weeks of DODH + 8 weeks of DODH + POR. Cuts total time of those by 4 weeks. Can do the same with OOW + DON. 4 weeks OOW + 8 weeks OOW + DON. You now just cut 8 weeks off a 36 month stretch.
    Stormblossom and Skuz like this.