Marcia Item Limits - Why?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SpeediXegony, Feb 22, 2022.

1. SpeediXegony New Member

I've been checking Marcia daily hoping to grab a Firestorm Cape. I've wanted one since participating in the war in Kelethin and having one drop only to have a group mate loot it and disappear.

Today after approximately 2 months of checking daily I get to Marcia and she has nothing for sale! Obviously she had Firestorm Cape for sale and someone bought all of them, but why does there have to be a limit on how many she has for sale? There's enough stupid timesinks in this game without making players compete for rare vendor-sold items.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well, first off if she is sold out for that day she has a script that says:
    'I'm sorry, I don't have any items that you can use at this time. Come back and see me again once you become more accomplished.'

Since she respawns at midnight each day it could be possible she was not fully "loaded" when you checked on her.

Cloak of the Firestorm is not on Marcia. But Firestorm cape is. Last time seen on her was 2021.

There are other NPC merchants in the game that sell far more common items but are only up at server reset. They are camped and you will seldom get a chance to buy the items and they have 1000 of them at one time. When those are gone then they are empty till next server reset
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea Orange's come to mind lol. Its sad a common item isnt on there for good i mean whats the point of only putting 1k of a item when 1 person is gonna buy them all up same with Lime.
    Silfh V'Ester likes this.
  4. Celephane Augur

I'm curious. Why is this obvious?
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I wonder if Firestorm Cape is tradable and coveted on FV and if this the impetus for demand. (Though, I highly doubt someone would make back the 8-10 Krono).

OP: If you really want the Cape and you play on a transferable server, I would suggest checking other standard servers' Marcia. The cost of a two-way character* transfer (between two standard ruleset servers) would be $40, however.

*You would need to transfer the character that you want the Cape on since it is No Trade (to and fro on standard ruleset).
  6. SpeediXegony New Member

Because she was sold out and there's no other items I've seen sold out including Mask of Tinkering and rez stick.
  7. SpeediXegony New Member

Don't you have to wait like 90 days between transfers, meaning I'd be stuck on an unfamiliar server for three months or however long? Or did they remove this wait along with removing transferring characters to other accounts?
  8. Raccoo Augur

Benito likes this.
  9. MmmmBop Wise Troll

Not the answer to the question you asked, but it might be helpful. Essence of Troll https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=66244 isn't that hard to make and gives you the illusion of the firestorm cape without having to camp Marcia and pay a fortune for it. I can't imagine any real value on the stats of the cape in the day and age. And I see limited value in paying so much for an item that is just to be used for the occasional click.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Thats not the point. Its like a comic collector willing to spend millions on the first appearance of superman or batman and someone telling them to just buy the reprints lol. Its the rarity of the item that attracts the people.
  11. MmmmBop Wise Troll

With a collectable like you describe, you can show it off and/or pass it off at some point. It actually has some value and you can share your collections with the world. With the firestorm cape, what are you supposed to do with it? It's no drop, not visible, not placeable, not worth wearing... it's only value is the illusion click and keeping it in your inventory to look at yourself. I guess you can brag to others that you have it, but I don't know that many people would be all that impressed. Logically speaking, it's just not worth the effort to obtain - unless you are on FV.

I suppose I could see some emotional sentiment from having the cape if you actually looted it from the war event... but where you just bought it from a vendor... well, that's not worth saving as a memory. At least not to me.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

She only carries one item at a time if someone buys it they gotta wait its the way she works.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Not exactly true, more than 1 often. I believe its by total cost or something. Really expensive items tend to be alone. Cheaper ones you tend to see 2-3 items.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Everytime ive ever seen her she only has one item.
  15. Venedar Lorekeeper

I bought it from Marcia two weeks ago.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Because you want to limit the creation rate of items.
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea dont matter anyways now they made barberry so common making them isnt even worth it from making pp perspective.