Suggestion: Remove required level on all items

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by MarttinPH, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

You could go the turn in route, but having people do tradeskills is just going to make them quit. EQ tradeskills are awful.
    Treage_Imminent likes this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

True, turn ins would be easier, but I think most of the later expansions are made under the assumption that everyone can craft(to a certain extend). So you might as well learn it while you level up.
    Coagagin likes this.
  3. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

You’re just forcing people to buy Krono to fund leveling tradeskills. They wouldn’t set the trivial to 0 or as a no-fail.
  4. DeadRagarr Augur

Level appropriate rares should drop 1 piece of defiant along with their default loot.
    Jumbur likes this.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

It is not that bad to level tradeskills without kronos, the first 50 skillups are free, and many skills can be leveled to 150+ on cheap vendor-mats.

Although, I wouldn't mind if they improved the sub-250 skillup-rate to help newbies catchup. :)
    Skill 250+trophy is too useful, to skip imo.
    Coagagin and Nennius like this.
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

This gear is supposed to help the poor people. They’re already blowing their plat on spells, discs, and merc fees.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

It is cheaper in the longterm to craft your own stuff, than to buy it in baz.

It is also easier to to gain tradeskill mats, than to beat a named loot-dropper, unless you have access to help. Nameds are not molo-friendly, and expecting newbies to invest in an entire box-group is not optimal either.
    Coagagin likes this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It is also cheaper to get all your gear as drops.
    Coagagin and Jumbur like this.
  9. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

It’s why there needs to be an overhaul on how catch-up loot is distributed either bandaid fix with more rewards from hot zone tasks or something else. Just avoid using tradeskills as a source.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Well, they could let more useful loot drop from trash-mobs, they had success with that in some expansions.
    Thulian gear in HoT is a good example, and Shards Landing had 2000hme items drop like candy. :)

There can be multiple sources for "catchup gear", the more the better!
  11. Xanathol Augur

How dare someone want to have fun in this game in zones that no one uses doing content no one cares about! These ideas that would have no effect on me must be stomped out! Risk vs Reward! Challenge! Reasons! Etc!
    Treage_Imminent likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How dare people have different ideas about what is fun in a multiplayer game.
    Coagagin likes this.
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

That is a great use-case for emulators. Nothing stops you from running your own custom server. You can add your own itemization and spells as you see fit.

Who knows? Others might join it too, if they think that kind of everquest is fun. :)

I can tell you one thing though: Tuning gameplay for fun, is much more difficult than it looks...
  14. DeadRagarr Augur

The outdated client is torture to play with after you play with the limited QOL features the modern game has.
    Jumbur likes this.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

True. DBG added a lot of cool features over the years, that we take for granted nowadays. :)
  16. Xanathol Augur

It's funny how 'fun' for some means making sure that something that has absolutely zero effect on them doesn't happen, merely to prevent another from having said 'fun'.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Has no impact on someone who could also be playing in those zones and having to compete with an overpowered twink? It is a multiplayer game and can be very easy for a simple change to impact players who want nothing to do with it at all.
  18. Xanathol Augur

LOL What? There's no one 'competing'. If you don't want to use an item, don't. I get that some folks post here just to argue but even in that context this is a stretch.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Who said anything about someone being forced to use an item? I am just pointing out that it a multiplayer game so there is always the possibility that a super twink (or just a high level toon) tearing through a zone will impact others who are in the zone. This is a multiplayer game which means your actions can impact others.
  20. Phiyre Augur

There's a reason WoW kicked Eq's when it was released.
    There are many things WoW did much better than eq (heriloom stuffs for alts being one of them). The evolution of games I guess. Eq seems pretty content to just collect what money they can from folks who still pay for a sub while doing the minimum to keep the game running. I guess though, what does one expect from a 20+ year old game..
    Eq did a good job for being one of the 'pioneer' games, but definitely didn't keep up.
    Treage_Imminent and Fenthen like this.