Postmaster's Challenge quest

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by OldEQaddict, Feb 5, 2022.

1. OldEQaddict Journeyman

Is it possible to redo the Going Postal quest? I'm trying to do the Postmaster's Challenge quest, but I've already done all 18 mail delivery quests. Now the NPCs won't give me the mails to deliver.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No you cannot redo Postmaster's Challenge quest.

Why would you want to?

Once that one is done then Hail Lysric Loresinger and get Hyredel Swiftstride (parcel NPC for house/guild hall - its the reward.

Or you may need to do another quest called The Nonad Brothers which will get you the Featherweight Satchel of the Courier. When you hail Lysric,

Once you have the bag you can trade it off to your alts on same account and just ask for another one from Lysric, you can do that as many times as you have alts on same account
  3. OldEQaddict Journeyman

For the title and the bag.

Stupid me did all 18 of the mail deliveries before getting the quest from Aric Songfairer in Sunrise Hills :oops:.

Now that I have the quest, when I hail Aric again, it shows that I have done 0 of 18 deliveries and the NPCs won't give me the mails to deliver again :(
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok I have already done this quest so keep that in mind. But it did not sound right because the mail is temporary and will poof if a player logs before finishing the whole quest so it would not make sense you cannot get the mail again.

I did not ask for the quest again but instead just went to Sivina Lutewhisper in Surefell Glade. I chose her cause its my ranger origin spot and I got there quickly

I hailed her, responded to her conversation, interested, mail and Qeynos and she gave me a piece of mail.

Did not go further but what does an NPC who your supposed to get mail from say to you when you try to get the mail?
  5. OldEQaddict Journeyman

I went to Idia in the Bards' guild in Kelethin and Lyra Lyrestringer in Ak'Anon.

Both NPCs would give the same response "I cannot offer you another delivery at this time as we have limited funds and we would like to allow others the opportunity to assist us".

I do not have any piece of mail on my character.
  6. OldEQaddict Journeyman

Ran to Sivina Lutewhisper in Surefall Glade, hailed her and followed conversation and said Qeynos.

Same response as the other 2...cannot offer another delivery...
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There is something else happening here.

For one, repeating parts of the mail delivery quests are used by players to build up gold at lower levels. So there should not be anything stopping the NPC from communicating with you and giving you the mail again. As mentioned I have done the quest and while I cannot get the quest again I can ask for and receive mail from the NPC

So I think your flags are corrupted on your character, it may be worth a petition asking them to correct your flagging or remove it so you can start over. I would not ask them to just give you the rewards since that seems greedy;)
  8. OldEQaddict Journeyman

I would be happy if they would just remove the flag for me to start over. It is part of the fun. I'll try submitting a petition.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok I found this that may help in your petition. You did not say which server you were on but last year on the TLP they adjusted the quest so players could not run it for the gold so now Tralyn Marsinger is in place on other servers, but the quest is disabled on the other end: the mail NPCs "offer the quest", but won't give a letter to deliver because of "limited funds" and "give someone else a chance".

I bet this is what messed with yours.
  10. OldEQaddict Journeyman

I'm on Vox (not a TLP server). Trying to do this quest for a lvl 90 ranger and a lvl 112 mage.
  11. Hegsheoshed Augur

I had the cough elixir in my inventory so I headed off to High Keep to start there. Got the two mail parcels there and ran to Rivervale to pick up the mail there. Headed off to Qeynos for the first turn in. I did not see the yellow message indicating I was at 1 of 18. Went back to the Postmaster and said 'I am up for the challenge'. Headed back to High Keep to re get the Qeynos mail and got the same message the OP received. Unable to get the package turned in before hailing the Postmaster and getting the quest flag. The way it was before if you lost where you were you could still get the mail but you would see a message in red and you knew you had delivered that one already. Now you should know when you try to get it again and you get the message that you already delivered it.

All the Going Postal quests should still be valid faction quests but now they aren't. Whatever other people were repeating it for is the part that should have been reduced.

It is indeed most comically broken. Or is it three very(s)?
  12. OldEQaddict Journeyman

I petitioned requesting to have my flags reset. They were unable to reset the flag but told me to go ahead and /bug report it.