Suggestion: Remove required level on all items

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by MarttinPH, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

Though it would be entertaining to see. :D
  2. Thundersnake Elder

I would love to see this happen however given the development time that would have to go into it, I just don't see it happening. However if they do decide to make it happen, I'd love to see most gear and other drops (including raid) from RoF-TBL made heirloom as well. This shouldn't make any impact on TLPs as I'd guess almost no TLPs will make it this far with any significant population and it would still be 3 expansions behind the most current content. Going forward I'd like to see this become the standard as well, keeping gear heirloom 3 expansions behind the most current content doesn't endanger end game and makes gearing alts/new players easier.
  3. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

There's a lot that EQ has learned from other games, players, and things that players do to resolve in-game issues. They stopped really advancing the game some time ago and EverQuest has seemed to be on "maintenance mode" for the greater part of a decade. There's very few changes and advancements made to better the game anymore.
    Treage_Imminent likes this.
  4. Tegila Augur

Level 50 in 460hme gear would still be godmode.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

True, that would be equivalent to drops from Crystallos, level 80 end-game equipment.
    I don't think his example was supposed to be accurate, but just an illustration of an idea. :)
    Vumad likes this.
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

It's really difficult for leveling players to maintain their gear up to date. Defiant drops too randomly to count on, and becomes outdated at 70. Camping rare mobs isn't practical, while leveling.

There needs to be revamp of the way gear is distributed below max level.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

They could do what they did in RoS: a set of craft-able gear, where the materials are easy to find, if you grind level appropriate mobs. It was easy to get conflagrant gear, even before they added overseer.

Make crafting gear sets for every 10 level interval, they could even let you craft defiant gear at lower levels.

Being able to get upgrades by grinding trash-mobs would help a lot of gearing issues... there should be a "non-named alternative" imo. :)

Tbh, Im not sure what status cultural armor has in those level brackets, are they a viable alternative to drops from nameds?
  8. Thundersnake Elder

or better yet make crafting materials for a single set of gear as a reward for killing mobs from drops and or quest rewards between 1-110 and then have it craft a set of scaling gear and weapons. if they really wanted they could have a quest every 10 levels or so that rewarded like 22 reagents that let you upgrade every single piece to the next tier of stats/focuses via a click in the item description on each item, kind of like the evolving gear from TBL.
  9. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Tradeskills shouldn't used as the primary source for catch-up gear. It's great for established players, but forces returning players to buy Krono or waste time.

Just put it on a vendor.
    Treage_Imminent likes this.
  10. Vumad Cape Wearer

Changing the armor from the Glooming deep missions to evolving gear would probably be simple to implement and solve this thread. The missions and armor are already there. Just have to change the item information.

However this would under mind the hero's journey, which does give armor.
  11. Tegila Augur

Y'all do know about heroes journey right?
  12. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Yeah, the design is terrible. Tradeskills, raid mob, excessive fetching in Mesa, and overall not designed to be performed as a group.
  13. Tegila Augur

Odd. I never even intentionally did it but logging in toons(years ago now) after they added all the gear rewards, bam, there were a few sets in quest rewards I had waiting though they weren't useful at that point even on tradeskill-only alts. Since I never put much effort into such alts I'd assume it was cake to get it. Stuff doesn't need to be a group mission to be doable in groups either
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Heros journey is fine, but there are parts of it where you need to be a higher level than what the gear rewards are for. I did this with my daughter when lockdown started and she was driving me nuts being home all day everyday. :rolleyes:

We were out leveling the quests and their rewards without gaining exp from just killing. We got to level 52 with quests open in Blackfeather Roost and we still had a fair bit to complete in Gaur Messa.

Plus getting gear from heros journey only goes up to around 75, so there needs to be something else from there.
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

You missed the point about I was making about not being designed to be performed as a group. I should’ve worded it better, but I’m making the point that attempting to do Hero’s Journey with a friend(s) makes the gameplay experience worse.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

Id imagine that a 2-edged sword. A player that doesnt have to upgrade also cant upgrade. Boring.
    Coagagin likes this.
  17. Coagagin Guild house cat

Nice idea for a new server but fear this would be an economy wrecker for LIVE servers.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would also argue that being forced to rapidly replace items as you quickly level is boring. In the case of the example I gave for WoW it is a choice the player makes which means if they find not replacing items boring they don’t have to use those items.
    Skrab likes this.
  19. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Heirloom gear is very nice. I agree there’s not much excitement going from Belt to Belt + 1.

Live servers don’t have economies except for FV.
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

That is my experience as well inflation has ruined the lowlevel economy for players who aren't buying kronos. Most stuff on baz is priced under the assumption that all low-levels are alts being spoonfed plat from rich mains. :(

Which was why I suggested easy gear-recipes, as even lowbies can gather mats for themselves, without resorting to expensive baz-purchases.
    Crafting is great for players who can't afford kronos. :)