Next Expansion 'like to haves'

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Feb 3, 2022.

1. uberkingkong Augur

I would like to have miniraid mobs, they don't need to drop raid gear too, could be inbetween group/raid gear is fine.
    Basically like Hulcror, where he is in your way to another zone. Community effort to take him out so you can get to the other zone, and he drops good stuff too, not the best stuff but he's worth killing. But he takes more than a group, more than 2 groups. Regardless if these players are raid geared.
    I would like to see more content where it takes a community effort.

In the hardest, last group zone, I would like tough bosses, as they are tough for a group of raiders, maybe even 2 groups of raid geared players. If its a mini raid zone, its a mini raid zone, people already at max level in this zone. The last/hardest zone is really where raiders hang out, make the bosses still tough even if they got raid gear on. Need more challenging content for the end game players, not the casual players. If casual player is in the end/last zone, they not really casual they are hardcore casual, they have what it takes to raid if they want too.
    I would like to see more content where it takes a community effort.

Tradeskills, I would like to see more variety than just, this is the stats for such and such class, you don't have any other options. I would like to have many options. I would like to see more than just 1 tier of tradeskill armor/weapons. I would like to see ALL/ALL armor too.
    The best tradeskill right now is pretty much only tinkering, the belts you have so many options of which focus you want to have. Like spells do extra damage, you cripple attackers, you slow attackers, you do extra healing, etc. For ANYONE. Not like other tradeskills where say Mage, all your focuses are dps related.
    There seems to be a lack of diversity, I would like to see more diversity.

Also, I would like to see more rare tradeskills, where I get even rarer materials such as
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=21529
    to make https://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=6572&menustr=010000000000
    To my knowledge fiend gut is from the fiends at the end of PoFire, and they are on a long respawn timer, AND they don't always drop it too. AND there's not too many of them too. Fiend Gut is tradeable too.

I would like to see the tradeskill mats spread out, so its not just go to the highest tier zone, kill stuff and you get all the tradeskill stuff from killing mobs in that zone. I would like to see specific this zone, these mobs over here, not the popular mobs to kill, but they drop the ingredients for making this tradeskill. This tradeskill is one of the best things to make.

I would like to see tradeskills require more components too. Making tinkered belts takes a lot of different components. I would like to see that amount of components in other tradeskills. It would bring in more value to components not worth anything much now. Slow down everyone getting fully geared like its nothing.
    Ex. ToL Towered Shield
    Make the lumber (just combine timber), get the plans, get the solvent, combine done. ToL crafted shield, too easy. Meanwhile in the bazaar, traders have 1000 timber for sale multiple traders, they made the shields if they could, everyone should be rocking them by now if they are not. The timber drops like candy too. I don't like seeing this. I'd just like to see more effort than that, like how tinkering belts are done, its not too hard to get ingredients, but it takes effort going out of your way to get everything. Back then, when making something really nice, usually it would take nearly all the slots available for the sub combines or the final combine.
    More of a community effort, slow down people getting fully the best tradeskill gear within a month of launch, the value of the items linger longer (wont be seeing people with a 1000 stack because people want these items)
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Svann2 like this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I will pass on multi-group named as I would rather the devs spend their time making other content. I would also argue that being in the “last zone” doesn’t mean you are not a casual player and that making something hard for raiders would make it impossible for a lot of gropers.

As for your tradeskill suggestions I would also rather have the devs spend time on other things as it does take a decent amount of work to create the recipes, items, graphics, names and do the testing for what you are suggesting. We really don’t need more tradeskill content but general content that everyone can experience.
    Tygart and Coagagin like this.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

With raid zone instancing, I wouldn't mind them also being populated with two-groupable mini bosses. Similar to TBL and ToV where the raid instance trash has a chance to drop augs/aug mats.
  4. Petalonyx Augur

Support the multi group (sub-raid) content. Been a while since we had any. And, I don't think it has to be terribly complicated if raid mini are used. (just beef up, reskin some named?)

Some interesting augs (luck included), current Rk 3 spells, current powersources, or even a low chance to drop past raid loot might be appropriate rewards.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Could even be a group mob wielding an aug.
  6. ~Mills~ Augur

Evolving item(s)
    New slot 18 and 19 augs
    Unique clickys - Vex Thal was the perfect opportunity to reboot some. Set duration root click, Divine Barrier, Igneous Coat DS, curse cure, level 115 Dot or Nuke clicks, instant cast ITU, pacify, etc
    New Bifold with more charges
    Tygart and Ozon like this.
  7. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

I would like to have mobs in the static zones to actually give experience instead of the crap experience they have given us the last 3 expansions
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Group missions that aren't like raids. The missions are fine in terms of difficulty, but do they really need to be endurance events? You don't need to challenge raiders in group content, that's what the raids are for. You also had it right with farming type 5 augs in CoV by having the augs on a named, then revert back to making us farm the same missions over and over as the only method. What are you doing? You had it right.
    Tygart, Elyssanda, Derka and 2 others like this.
  9. Marton Augur

- new evolving item or two

- interesting new trade skill recipes (tinkering would be great, but can be other ts too, I'm not picky)

- interesting new clickie(s)

- power sources attainable from both, mobs and tradeskills

- another way to earn group currency, not just 4 missions like it's been past few years

- simplified missions, not everyone enjoys those raid-like events we have to grind through
  10. Qimble Augur

Disagree on every front, maybe oubliette could stand to have a little less HP but the others are totally fine. Putting type 5s on regular named mobs will just encourage bad behavior like we saw in CoV.

My personal wish list:
    -Core parts of the expansion fully finished before release. t2 raids releasing before t3 augs is a crying shame.
    -More missions. A mission for every raid at minimum, only way I want missions totally unique from raids is if they are in addition to a fully set of group versions of raid events.
    -Evolving items, or if not evolving something that uses t18/19 aug slots.
    -A new involved quest like the Rallos Ear.
    -At least one zone that's incredibly unfriendly to players. Reasonably difficult mobs that are difficult to pull without getting large numbers. Gated area(s) within the zone that require keying, stuff like that. Ideally something that's borderline impossible for all but the most skilled group gear players and decently challenging for raid geared players.
    -Powersources being crafted again.
    -Spawn/drop rates for augs from nameds and TS mats in general being decently high.
  11. Burdi Augur

I would like the dudes in DBG to simply pull the finger out!
    It is much more easier then to type something.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

Maybe Im misreading but it sounds like your talking about non-lore type 5s? If so, I disagree. Those should only be currency or random from any name, or else those names get permacamped.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  13. Qimble Augur

And if you can trade them in like you could in CoV, they'll figure out which one is best spawn or drop rate and all the box crews will permacamp that mob to outfit their whole group. I think the Siren in CS had groups in her camp 24/7 for about 4 months straight.
  14. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

It's what happens, when you restrict a high value drop to a single rare mob. Should've just been a dedicated shared drop between all rares that rolls randomly between the different types.
  15. uberkingkong Augur

Just to clarify what I want.

1. Not a zone that is challenging for raiders. I want a zone where it encourages community effort to beat down some boss in the way of another zone. Like Hulcror. I want this boss to be tough enough so a group of raiders can't even handle him, they'll need some community effort. As in 15+ people form a quick raid and go out and take him.
    I want a zone that takes community effort every now and then. Not just everything is challenging for raiders.

2. Tinkering is the tradeskill I feel is in a good place, the other tradeskills, feel very bland. Especially Tailoring and Smithing. Theres only 1 option per class. I would like to be able to have more customization with Tailoring, Smithing class armor. Tinkering you have choices, the belts come with 2 focuses, the 2nd focus is very unique. Kudos to this. Tinkering is good.

3. I feel tradeskill components are too plentiful in some, like timber. Also feel like its too easy compared to back then. Back then there was more unique drops to get. I'd like more unique drops and they drop from certain mobs, not a global thing.
    Now days, just get bloodied timber and thats it, you got a ToL crafted shield that is very good. Too easy.
    Theres traders with stacks of 1000, too, the timber is like a joke. Its not worth much at all. Same with Tailoring and Smithing.
    I would like some value in items. Comes with having to farm other items and not making items drop like candy. Also consuming more too.
    Andarriel likes this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

1. Sounds like it will encourage bot teams or close groups to team up so they don’t have to compete for drops

2. Only so much you can do with tradeskills without making a bunch of consumable items

3. You consider them too plentiful others consider them too rare. I am not sure there is much need to make the components super valuable as that just raises the price of the finished item.
  17. Sup Rog Elder

Something new?? A new AA line/spell line that is creative? New type of focus, a new aug/armor slot? New pet type for mages? Cool special weapons like Ghoulbane, Mithril two hand sword(haste on a weapon was unique) etc.. Just not the same item/spell/aa, different name and add 10-15%, that has happened in the last several expansions.
  18. Windance Augur

The reason there are so many TS mats on traders is likely because those people run their own group(s) and AFK grind out XP.
  19. Burdi Augur

I want an expansion with an amount of group content closer to expansions released 10 years ago. Like SOF SOD.
    I am sick and tired of those mostly empty expansions based on the nostalgia of revisiting an older expansions.
    That said, the empty nostalgic expansion model has been going for so long that level from 105 to 120 are incredibly difficult.
    There is really not much to do, an end up being mindlessly repetitive.
  20. bortage spammin lifetaps

I want optional minis to spawn in raid instances that drop the base level raid loot (so no nuggets) but only take a couple groups to kill

specifically, the non ts raid loot tends to serve as spot fillers instead of being something people actually want, with the exception of some weapons. this might help recoup the dev time spent on itemizing "raid gear, but worse"