Spells and your Spellbook.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Silver-Crow, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Celephane Augur

No one needs to sort a spellbook, haven't had to in many many years
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

Even the spell menu's are a mess, however I cant think of a good way to make them any better.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

example?
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

for bards
    1 invulnerability section in main menu then another in beneficial songs. 1 spell focus section in main, then in beneficial there is also haste/spell focus section and another spell focus section. Cures are in heals. Spry sonata which is mostly ac and reduced DS from OH is found in resists even tho no one cares about the resist portion since everyone has max resists x2. That is to say that when you are looking for spry sonata you arent thinking about resists.
    GoneFission and Elyssanda like this.
  5. Gialana Augur

Some spells can be difficult to find through the menus. For instance, the enchanter mesmerization spells allow the caster to twincast their next DD spell or 2 are not found in Utility Detrimental > Enthrall like the rest mesmerization spells. They're under Direct Damage > Enthrall, even though the spells themselves do no damage.
    GoneFission, Tatanka and Elyssanda like this.
  6. TwoFat Apprentice

Been playing for over 20 years - made my first Druid a few weeks ago - man there's a lot of spells!

So travel can be a pain to find the right one, but for day-to-day just make spellsets when you level and copy the <charname>_<servername>.cfg to any other machines you use? I play on my laptop in the office and on my home desktop, copying the cfg keeps spellsets etc, but doesn't mess with UI layout (different screen resolutions). It could be great to fix the spells I guess, but for me the ~40% chance of getting booted when trying to zone into guild hall for example is much more annoying.

I also would not want to lose lower level spells. There's loads of reasons to not have the latest and greatest - buffing the kids, stopping fizzles with a new spellset, keeping mana burn in check - please let me keep options ;)
  7. GoneFission Augur

Most of the travel spells aren’t bad, if you can remember the continent some of the locations are in. That’s beginning to blur a bit for me. There are a couple, like Gate of the North, or whatever, that can really use a better title.
  8. Iven the Lunatic

The new UI might include a better and bigger spellbook. 8 spells per page (2x4) are not enough for today. This could easily be increased to 18 (3x6) which would mathematically reduce the amount of pages by 56%.