Merc Clerics and Curing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ArtremasEQ, Jan 31, 2022.

1. ArtremasEQ Augur

Anyone know a way to force merc clerics to Cure reliably when IN combat ?

Their grp heal with the cure component works, but getting them to cast it (or cast normal cures) seems to be totally hit and miss (with a lot more 'miss').

This is for soloing, at 120.
  2. LesserArchi Elder

I have not noticed the Merc Cleric ever cast to remove dots, things, etc. in combat.
    That's what I have been noticing.
    It sounds like, sometimes it removes something from what you are saying.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

What effects, specifically, are you wanting them to cure?

I know in ToV, healer mercs would EVENTUALLY cure Restless Ice. I don't know what spells they used or how long it took...I just knew that they eventually got rid of it.
  4. Crystilla Augur

To the OP - not really (other than blocking spells to limit what they can cast, which I wouldn't recommend for this). I'm guessing it's because they're not supposed to fully take 100% of the role of a real player/cleric.
    Wdor likes this.
  5. Karhar Dream Crusher

If its restless ice, you should get a shield of the immaculate light, and if its poison should get a venenium, then let god take the wheel
  6. minimind The Village Idiot

Funny. I've never had a problem getting a merc to cure anything. In fact, going back through TBM missions, my problem is that they cure *everything* which breaks certain events.
  7. ArtremasEQ Augur

Need them to cure corruption. There is no clicky or potion in game (at least that I can find) that does this.
    Nennius likes this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Which helps to point out the huge complication in programming the AI for Mercs. Anticipating all possible situations for a Merc. to be used is likely impossible. It also points out why player controlled healers will ALWAYS be superior to AI controlled Mercs. Having said that, Mercs still do an adequate job for most players in most situations.
    Wdor likes this.
  9. minimind The Village Idiot

100% agreed.
  10. Conq Augur

Merc's are the Devil. Find a friend. Group with them. Any priest class can cure corruption and outheal any healer merc.
    Conq
    Annastasya likes this.
  11. Viper1 Augur

I totally would, if more people actually played healer classes as their main. But I'm not waiting around all day for that 1 or 2 people I know who play healers to log in. Or maybe they don't log in at all because they don't feel like playing EQ every waking moment.
    Treage_Imminent and Nennius like this.