Mischief server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Denjar, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Denjar New Member

I just wanted to give a heads-up for anyone selling Krono's on Mischief. I know I am out the plat and cash but I just wanted to make sure others don't fall for this crap.
  2. Zandermill Death by Snoochie

Someone didnt count the zero's. Bot's cant just change the number while a trade is mid swing.
  3. Denjar New Member

As I said, it is my fault. I just wanted to make sure people know to watch out. Just to clarify, I did check the numbers before I initiated the sell so the person had to change the price before I clicked to open the transaction. It also was pretty suspicious being as they logged off as soon as the sell finalized.
  4. Venthus New Member

I'd avoid bartering complexly until they make a change. Just had an offline trader swap prices on a sale I checked multiple times before completing. Be careful out there.
  5. Bullsnooze Augur

Couple of things to note,

Name and shame is not allowed on these forums and this thread will be locked.

In regards to the barter window, I'm fairly certain that if the buyer changes the value mid transaction while you have the window up, the barter window won't allow you to proceed with the transaction and spit out a specific message indicating the price change.

If the above is true, then you missed the quick change when you opened the window again and didn't see the '0' difference.
  6. Denjar New Member

I apologize for mentioning any names as I was not aware that was not allowed. I edited my original post to remove the name but I feel this should still be an issue that is addressed.
  7. Denjar New Member

Dishonesty in game or out should never be acceptable nor tolerated and if an individual is ripping people off in-game, they should be held responsible for their actions. While I know this is "just a game" to many, people still use real money to purchase those items and getting ripped off is uncalled for.
  8. Bullsnooze Augur

I whole-heartedly agree with you.

Since many players are using 3rd party automation for their bazaar traders you have to be very careful these days.

Best you can do is report it and see if a GM will reverse the transaction.
  9. Intercept Augur

Advertising the price and changing it mid-purchase is illegal in most countries.

If it happens to you, I suggest reporting them, people have been banned/suspending for doing this in the past
  10. Arclyte Augur

Not getting what you pay for is a pretty great way to kill your game
    Thewiz likes this.
  11. coltongrundy Augur

Maybe some day people will learn to stop selling krono to traders on /barter. But, no, they absolutely won't. No matter how much people keep talking about it, more people keep falling for it.
  12. Thornblade_Lou New Member

I had it happen to me on Thornblade. I chalked it up as an L and moved on. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth for sure. I would like for it to not happen to other people. MMO's rely on population players scam other players who are probably not legacy or long term players like themselves then wonder why their favorite MMO is a ghost town.
  13. Duder Augur

While this had supposedly been fixed what, over a year ago? I thought maybe it was something different. But I too had seen a price change from when I searched it and purchased it on the trader. So perhaps that capability has been brought back by a bug?
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Do you mean from the price listed in the bazzar search window and the price listed in the window of the trader you are going to buy from?
  15. Duder Augur

Yah
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Doesn't work that way. If they change the price it pops up an error message. Now, if they changed it right BEFORE you opened the trader dialogue box with them and you didn't pay attention and bought it, well, that's on you.

That said, they have suspended people before for griefing for doing things like listing in copper or whatever, so can try a petition and roll the dice.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  17. Duder Augur

Welp, sorry to say, that it is supposed to work that way but it isn't working that way 100% of the time. I don't care about the difference, I don't care about reporting someone for something I don't think it was intentional. But the fact remains, the price in his trader window, was different than displayed in the baz window.
  18. Triconix Augur

Do you have proof? Or did you search the item, do a find, and while going to the trader the guy had since updated his price, you opened up the trader and didn't notice?
  19. ASDAprice Lorekeeper

dont sell krono via barter and you'll never lose out.. ive only EVER sold them as a trader to protect from shenanigans.
  20. Duder Augur

Im sure it could have. I thought the whole point was that it warned you of such if that were occuring, or is it only in the trader window itself?