What are the chances?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jimmy2times, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Jimmy2times Elder

Since they are going to release 2 TLPs I was hoping one would have the possibility of being locked in OoW/DoN and the other one could be whatever flavor you all like. Any speculation on this type of locked server, or the possibility of it happening? I understand some of you all do not enjoy locked servers and some have been asking for something like this for awhile. Would you play on a later time period locked server? I believe that many would from what I have gathered.
  2. coltongrundy Augur

slim to none
  3. Nighthawk Lorekeeper

Anything is possible. Era-locked servers like Agnarr would take considerably less dev time than something like Mischief did. A level 70/75 era time-locked server is the natural next step for a continuation of the Agnarr concept that people seem to like so much.
    Jimmy2times likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Chances?

Very Low indeed.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

Not great but better than a pvp tlp so...
    Nighthawk likes this.
  6. FranktheBank Augur

Probably about the same odds as you making a thread with the point in the title.
    Treage_Imminent likes this.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Why lock in DON? Just play up to then and it pretty much dies around there anyway.
  8. Nolrog Augur

The locked server concept is a failure as proven by Agnarr. It has been low population 100% of the time the server was up in the last 6 months. Some Agnarr people are posting please let the servers go to another expansion.

The chance of this is about the same is Blutarski's GPA.
  9. Jimmy2times Elder

Thanks for taking your time to click on the thread and reply Frank.
  10. FranktheBank Augur

Likewise. I hope you learned how thread titles work.
  11. Lumiens Augur

Locked servers seem like a waste of their resources since they never eventually run their course and get merged into a live server.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Considering that they have people complaining the PoP locked server and wanting to have it locked at a later expansion I don't think it will happen.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

This is a good point, regardless of how well a server performs, if its not locked to an era DBG can target an end of life merger and reclaim that hardware. This was a problem with the OG TLPs that had vote unlocks or required expansions to be beat to unlock the next where if they stalled they just got stuck until you ended up with a situation like Fippy where 0 players were playing ever. Phinny/Coirnav/Miragul don't/didn't have huge populations but eventually will/did hit live and can then be merged. Agnarr has no such end in sight (for better or worse I guess)
  14. generic Journeyman

there is going to be more than 1 server , that was confirmed already in the roadmap as they used plural when referring to new TLP.
  15. Herf Augur

The thing that harmed Agnarr was Mangler. Agnarr has been slowing growing back and in the past 6 months has been attracking a lot of returnees and new players. When Daybreak simultaneously took Agnarr off the "Preferred Server" listing in the login UI that didn't help either. Mischief gave Agnarr a hit temporarily but not like Manger did.

People on Agnarr ARE saying they're interesed in maybe one or at most two more expats. But those of us who've been there from the start and have multiple accounts loaded with 65 toons are rather uninterested in restarting even if a GoD locked server were unlocked.
    Jimmy2times likes this.
  16. itiswhatitis Elder

locking at OOW/DoN would be cool as long as it allowed boxing. If you're going to lock at a specific expansion you need to allow people to box on 1 machine to make up for the people you would lose.
    Jimmy2times and Nighthawk like this.
  17. Jimmy2times Elder

I haven’t… but I’ll be sure to message you prior.to get approval next time but still continue to do it the same way.
    Herf likes this.
  18. Jimmy2times Elder

I think this is the way moving forward I would agree allowing boxing from one laptop is preferred even if it’s one other character. I am looking forward to what the announce. I hope it is something more unique then just the standard grind to live.
    Nighthawk likes this.