Fixed Internally Crystal Caverns - Invading Ice

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by ClosedSource, Jan 19, 2022.

1. ClosedSource Lorekeeper

I have finished the quest for Hursa Brightsteel to gain the Crystal Spider Capture Harness. From there I am supposed to talk to Roderick Coldheart to get the Crystal Glue. I am supposed to tell him "I need to help Andera" or some variation of that.

He will not give glue to any of my 6 characters on that step and instead says: You already have a harness. Use that one. I tried to capture a spider with the harness and no glue and it does not work. Other players did this as recently as 2 days ago but post patch it does not work for 6 characters all on the same step. I have also tried that trigger phase with Hursa and same response.
  2. nyteowl16 New Member

yes, I had same issue with my player Kaizier. I said to Roderick Coldheart " I need to help andera" got same response , You already have a harness Use that one. please fix bug!!!
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

Theres one step where you use glue and one step where you don't use glue, which one are you at?
  4. ClosedSource Lorekeeper

The initial catching of a spider. I have the harness and I am supposed to bring a live spider back. From what I am reading I need the harness and glue. I go out and melee a spider down below 20% and it won't capture it with the harness so far and I tried 5 or 6 of them so I went back to get glue and nobody will give it.

I also killed every NPC involved to see if they would be fixed on respawn. I could totally be at the wrong spot in the chain but I can't capture so far without glue and nobody will give me glue.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Post a screenshot of your quest progress.

Try using Find Item, maybe glue is in a bag already without realizing?
  6. ClosedSource Lorekeeper

Yeah tried find on everyone and don't seem to have any glue. I will post a screenshot in a little while.
  7. ClosedSource Lorekeeper

8. Covennx Augur

Ran through this on a new toon on FV last night and everything worked fine. The glue came from Roderick by saying "andera sent me"

[Fri Jan 21 00:15:19 2022] Hursa Brightsteel says, 'I have just the thing, but spiders are very good at escaping sticky situations. So you will want them weak and hindered when you try and put this on one of those creepy crawlies.'
    [Fri Jan 21 00:15:36 2022] You say, 'andera sent me'
    [Fri Jan 21 00:15:37 2022] Roderick Coldheart says, 'Did she send you? Well. Maybe. Here try this. It might stick their joints together for a few moments. It's up to you how to corral it after that. If there's any left when you're done, I don't need it. Destroy it.'
  9. Varash New Member

Same issue here. Have harness, I tell Roderick the phrase and he just says I have a harness. No glue in inventory.
  10. ClosedSource Lorekeeper

I had to delete the harness in order to get the glue, that seems kind of out of order.
  11. Kounterchrome New Member

I had to destroy the harness for glue as well, Roderick would not respond otherwise beside the harness part no matter what i tried...so this isn't a isolated issue/bug
  12. ClosedSource Lorekeeper

Did you then have to redo the entire quest for the harness or can you use the glue with one character and then harness with another?
  13. Kounterchrome New Member

I only used one character for the quest, I destroyed the harness it didn't allow me to get another so I had to reclaim it with a token of reclamation, right after I destroyed it he would give me unlimited glues.

So to clarify
    1. Destroy harness
    2. Get glue
    3. Grab another harness, I had to reclaim mine
    ClosedSource likes this.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

Both the write up on Zam and EQR list the phrase to get the glue as "to help Andera". I'm just wondering if the different phrases give different results. Been a while since I did this one.
  15. ClosedSource Lorekeeper

Yeah I've tried every phrase on every website and any variation that I could just make up.

It only worked after deleting the harness and then asking.
  16. Covennx Augur

I did ask for the glue before doing, but after requesting the harness quest.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

Like I say, it's been a couple of years, but I do seem to recall that was the way to do it...get the harness quest, get the glue, do the quest.

I hated that whole quest line. :p
  18. Battleace New Member

Just had the same thing happen to me, but there's a solution where you don't have to delete the harness. Open the trade window to hand the npc the harness (don't actually hand it to him) then say "to help Andera" and he'll hand you glue. Then you can simply click cancel and retain both items.
  19. Yaesyn New Member

Battleace #winning

I was thinking about trying this and then came across this post. Worked like a charm, thank you!
  20. Soraia Journeyman

Worked perfectly. Ty!!!