Everquest single player games on other platforms

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cidran, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Cidran Augur

Last month, a pc port of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (Playstation 2) was released on Steam & Gog. There were two "Realms of Everquest" titles done with the same engine: Champions of Norrath in 2004 and Return to Arms, about a year later. These two were pretty succesful at the time and it'd be cool if they got ported as well.

The other title I'm thinking about is "Lords of Everquest". This was a pc strategy game with some RPG elements, launched in 2003. Sadly, it had some issues and wasn't as popular as the previous two, but last time I checked it worked straight out of the box on Windows 10. I believe it'd take little effort to put up on the mentioned platforms and still bring a little revenue for DBG.
  2. Duckforceone Lord of the Ducks

there was also a palm device game at some point.. only worked on some mobiles.... oh how i wanted to play that....
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

I'd just be happy if we got an overseer mobile app so I don't have to waste in-game time doing those. =p
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I liked champions and return to arms good games. Almost like diablo with eq theme. Be cool if they came with a new one.
    Aenvar likes this.
  5. Zunnoab Augur

I didn't mind Lords of EverQuest but the developer definitely didn't have all the lore understood. They had kerra (the vah shir species) mention something or another that didn't make sense before their capital was blown to the moon. I don't remember what it was off hand but it stood out to me, because if I recall the game takes place before that event.
  6. Sarepean Lorekeeper

I played that. It was good, but, iirc, it only covered Befallen. There were supposed to be 3 parts and you were supposed to be able to transfer your character to each part, but I never could find and purchase parts 2 or 3. I'd love to play those now on my phone.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Would love to see this. Taking this a step further, would love to see this showcase the artwork.