New TLP rules

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Rcbauer Augur

hear me out!

Velious launch (so many good xp zones then to spread the population out)
    3 box max
    PoK open (no vendors until PoP)
    Baz open
    All race/class combos except drakkin and WE beastlords.
    Focus items work.

that would be like...fun.
  2. Zealot1340 Lorekeeper

If you haven't addressed lev over the fire wall its a non-starter.
  3. Arclyte Augur

Kunark launch
    1 box only
    Corpse runs are back
    Character Renames / transfers are disabled (just don't be a jerk)
    RMT / box armies / cheaters will be aggressively banned
    EC Tunnel will replace bazaar permanently
    Halflings are disgusting creatures, and will receive a 25% experience penalty
    Rivervale will be destroyed, and Mayor Gubbin's corpse will be on display where it once stood
    Ponter likes this.
  4. Rcbauer Augur

I'd just like if they got rid of all the plat dupes forevers.
  5. Catalina Journeyman

glad rules aren't up to you guys
  6. Bullsnooze Augur

I feel they should do the same to multiple unnecessary threads created hourly regarding new servers and/or their ruleset.
    Ponter likes this.
  7. coltongrundy Augur

Stop it. I would just take all of PoP off if they ever forced us to go through the lava tunnel.
  8. Gearrwin Lorekeeper

I would like to have anti cheat software built into the server. Can't connect without scanning pc for any running 3rd party software and active anti cheat measures in place. If you want to multi box you need a separate pc.
  9. Zealot1340 Lorekeeper

Should scan you every time you try to lev over the fire wall too.
    Rcbauer likes this.
  10. Midnitewolf Augur

I actually like most of this especially the requirement that people actually have to sell their wares personally. It made the game feel much more alive and I can't count the number of friends I made in the EC tunnel interacting with the actually community of players rather than an automated interface.

I don't agree with the corpse runs though. I loathe that mechanic. I still remember the time my party got wiped deep in a dungeon with no way to get back to our corpses. I was just in a guild of a few friends with no resources and If not for a lone Necro that took pity on us after 6 hours of begging, we would have lost 45 levels worth of gear and there is very little coming back from that, especially on your first character. Due to that experience, me and my group of friends pretty much avoided dungeons....in a game where the best loot came from dungeons.

When I came back to the TLPs, the fast we didn't lose gear with dying combined with the ability for all characters to return back to their home city, really opened up the game to me and honestly, I found I still had plenty of incentive not to die due to the XP penalty still being painful as hell.
  11. Arclyte Augur

I added that as kind of a half-joke, but the fear people feel from dying and not respawning with their gear is IMO a good thing. Games today don't provoke any kind of emotion or connection like old EQ did. I don't know a single person who's loot rotted in old EQ.

I remember being terrified of being caught in kithicor at night, or cautiously conning every dungeon mob while sneaking to make sure nothing would see thru invis. Now? Who cares, I'll just run back from the soulbinder outside, and get my xp back in a half hour. No fear, no immersion, no investment.

I don't ever expect to get that feeling again. People don't want to be inconvenienced by having consequences for their bad decisions, and games are made easier and easier.

Anyway, kill all halflings.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Having the chance to lose all your gear isn't a good thing in a game. Just think of all the complaints they would receive if players lost gear because they where unable to do a corpse run due to a natural disaster in their area.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. code-zero Augur

The only people I know who claim to like corpse runs are the people who have a level 30 something permanently in the last zone that they died in over 15 years ago.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

How about every time somebody posts a New TLP thread, they get all their accounts perma banned?
    Lanffear and yepmetoo like this.
  15. Intercept Augur

Agreed, can we start with important tlp changes then go from there.

No lev in fire and disable coth.
  16. Intercept Augur

Then other zones open up more, this is a plus
  17. 6502 Lorekeeper

gimmick server where you can only play as monster shrouds
  18. Kahna Augur

You think that jerks in game actually change their names? Jerks in game pride themselves on their jerkish reputation. Why would they change their names? They don't need your pugs, they have their own group of friends to level with, or just their own group of boxes. No raiding guild leader cares what their members do, so being a jerk isn't going to get them kicked from their guild, or limit their guild options. The availability of name changes has nothing to do with the behavior of individuals in game. People on the internet are going to behave like people on the internet.

I have used name change scrolls in the past, because I switched mains and I wanted my new main to have my primary name. That is the only thing I have ever seen name change scrolls used for. In fact, I have actually seen jerk players do this just so they could keep their jerky reputation.
  19. Zealot1342 New Member

If you try to lev over the fire wall it should just put you in PoAir.
  20. Intercept Augur

Should be 50/50 chance of earth a or air, because fire takes both air and earth to make.

Wonderful idea overall 10/10 idea