Expect announcement for new TLP soon!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Rcbauer Augur

Will release by end of February.

Thank me later.
  2. generic Journeyman

i dont believe you,

However:
    TLP reaching end stages of popularity, no matter how good people say GoD is, it always sees drop off.
    Winter and its dark out, nothing on shelves.
    omicron waves and more home stuff going on.

It makes sense to consider release, but the rule set would have to be killer... im not coming back for phinny clone #4
    Ngeth has put alot of work in all these buckets and random loot, mischief was the 'experimental server' not a tradtional TLP launch, this CLEARLY was not a once and done exercise as his time would likely be better spent on 2022 expansion, the repentance of luclin, with Lord Seru as the main big bad.
    Popknot likes this.
  3. Dizdemona Lorekeeper

I think a bonus loot free trade server without the rando loot would do well.
    Zinth likes this.
  4. verbatim Elder

Just make a phinny clone please- give mischief another year to live lol.
    Appren likes this.
  5. a_librarian Augur

there's a big secret not many people talk about here: you can play on a server that isn't the newest and most popular thing available. You just log into the server and play the game very much like you do now. This works regardless of what the next servers are. People had fun on Phinny while their server was cloned 4(?) times year after year.

I think it's good business to do another free trade/bonus + random loot server this year because people who aren't subbed want a fresh start and everybody wants the massively more rewarding raid/group loot. They could even do something interesting with the concept now that the ground work is done.
  6. Rcbauer Augur

The people on Mischief aren't buying many krono from DBG. They aren't making money on the rule set.
  7. wade_watts Augur

Mischief has been the highest grossing server for them to-date.
  8. Rcbauer Augur

That's not the info I'm getting.
  9. Ythera Augur

Please post each of your sources so it can be verified.
    straynge likes this.
  10. wade_watts Augur

Perhaps you should get better info?
  11. Rcbauer Augur

One of us should.
  12. straynge Journeyman

My lack of proof is greater than your lack of proof. Now excuse me, my unicorn is hungry.
    wade_watts likes this.
  13. Pappasalt Augur

Ones and ones of dollars being made
    Popknot and Rcbauer like this.
  14. verbatim Elder

Pretty doubtful. There's the normal revenue that comes with any server, the perks, and then on top of that the cross server arbitrage they directly tax as items and platinum are shuffled back and forth between mischief and Thornblade. They have to be making a small fortune off transfer tokens alone.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

New strategy this year I see.

16. hoegi New Member

they should start the content further along like in gates or something, that way all the classes are out.
  17. Shui Butai

The Mischief rule set is what brought me back to EQ, I cannot think of anything else they could do that would have me try out another TLP.
  18. Zansobar Augur

I know this to be true for so many other players too.

I really hope they "at least" launch another Mischief type server even if they add a second regular Mangler clone server at the same time. But in this Mischief type server I hope they work on refining the issues with the random loot - turn off the loot piñata and adjust more of the random loot to be only for the key items and not include things like goblin feet dropping off non-goblin etc. I'd also like it to pretty much be a flat 2 month per expansion unlock cadence with 1 month for the shorter expansions with no level increase. As far as newness maybe they could unlock some AAs from the start just so there is some grinding to do once you hit 50 - might be hard to balance though.
    Shui likes this.
  19. Jimmy2times Elder

OoW locked server please.... :)

Yes yes I know.. some of you can't stand the idea of a locked server while others want it bad. To each their own.
    Popknot and straynge like this.
  20. scourged8 New Member

Are you the same group of people who cried when they nerfed PoG minis dropping Vulak loot?

Do you have any comments about how Mischief is the highest population PoP era ever, with more group and low raid content to date on any TLP ever?

You don't have to be ashamed. Come back, start up your boomer crew, and enjoy the best PoP to date.
    Shui likes this.