Confirmed TY for Overseer Fix, BUT -- new Bugs?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Paladin, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Paladin Augur

Logged into one Character and had a ton of Agents recover when I opened Overseer.

Later, same account, on another character, opened Overseer and had the same recovery process happen.

Same account -- shouldn't this have happened only once, on the first Character?

ALERT! Do NOT open Overseer while you are actively camping. The Recovery Spam seems to happen after every time you zone or go to a new Character on the same account. Since the Recovery Spam can last a bit, one Agent at a time, it can basically freeze you up as you try to heal / attack / cast... which is NOT good!
    etv2k, Mukkul, Horse and 8 others like this.
  2. Paradisic_parasite Elder

Happens every time you zone, on same char.
    Mukkul and Paladin like this.
  3. Diani Augur

Happened here as well. Not only on different characters, but also on the same character after switching to another character and back.

This is a bit annoying as recovering agents does take some time in which you cannot do anything as you are effectively frozen in game, especially if you have over 200 agents to recover.
    tanith likes this.
  4. tanith Augur

Indeed. Did some overseer last night and recovered all agents. Logged back in this morning - re-recovered all 129 agents again. Zoned. Recovered all 129 agents for a third time.

During this time there has been a 'refresh' - ie quests have been renewed/no of completed tasks reset - that would *usually* have stopped recovering agents from the previous session being recovered/shown again
    This is happening on all my accounts

NB: I note the 'quests completed' number has been reset yet again - is this functional/intentional?
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

This seems to have fixed itself for me, I don't get repeated "release messages" anymore. :)
  6. daBlubb Elder

Restarting everquest seems to fix the bug. If you just log to char select or choose another char on same account, you have to wait again till every agent is recovered.
    Mukkul and Diani like this.
  7. Iuwene Augur

I assume the client side fix is only a temporary solution and they just indiscriminately recover all incapacitated agents who have been incapacitated for quite some time when you start overseer, no matter what the server tells the client. I would really expect the recovery logic to be serverside. If it were pure client side it would be prone to hacking.
    So the current client might just ignore the the server status of the agents and makes them available anyway. This does not seem to affect agent which got incapacitated recently.

At least this is as I would have implemented a temporary workaround for that problem.

If my assumption is correct they would have to put the final fix in serverside, so with the next main patch. Until then we might have to live with most agents "recovering" when starting overseer.
  8. Diani Augur

Yes, completely restarting EQ fixed this for me as well.
    Cheers!
  9. Softy New Member

Hello! need help with overseer please check for me on the very first level of level 5
    they ONLY give me 3 agents SO when I got to do another level 5 cant do it because
    there isn't anymore agents have to wait until the next day it is ONLY that way on level
    5!!!! Please! fix the problem would appreciate it very much. Softmaiden
  10. tanith Augur

Thanks Dab!
    Yes completely restarting worked
    Otherwise they keep on recovering for the umpteenth time
  11. Yorag Journeyman

My incapacitated agents were all recovered following the recent hotfix. What I’ve noticed now is that the number of completed quests is only about 65 when it use to be over 2,500. All my levels are MAX and that could not have occurred with only 65 completed quests.
    I’ve logged out a couple times hoping this might correct the error but it does not.
    The number of completed quests isn’t really critical other than just another stat to look at.
    Anyone else notice this same bug?
  12. tanith Augur

Yes, it's been mentioned many many times
    Don't think a Dev has addressed it
    It doesn't seem to affect anything, altho it appeared around the same time as the (fixed) incapacitation bug.
    All my accounts have had their number of quests completed reset several times now
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

Wasn't there talk a few months ago about achievements possibly going in for Overseer? If so, then having stats reset could affect that.
  14. Horse Journeyman

Actually, I believe this has been happening for awhile, now that I think about it. I remember switching characters and opening Overseers and see a couple of recovered agents msgs. Yes, this was before the hot-fix. The reason people noticed now is because it is potentially recovering 100's of agents locking up your computer for a significant time, vs before when you might have one or two recover at any give time which would be lost in the "regular lag" spikes.
  15. tanith Augur

I think that is how it's supposed to work, or at least it's how I always remember it working.
    The big issue now is that it continues to happen indefinitely (instead of resetting every 12 hours) - the list just gets longer and longer until you fully log out and back in again. Obviously this is less of an issue when you are recovering just a handful vs hundreds
  16. Pleides Ranger of Fellowship Of Justice. EMarr

Overseer will not let me complete a quest via either DBC or just me clicking at the taska end/ It won't also allow me Abandon by clicking..... anyone know whats going on? Must be a bug there too. I think we need a major patch sooner rather than later.
  17. Paladin Augur

OK, this seems to have resolved itself for me, after many recovery spam sessions and re-logs / re-patches.
  18. Mukkul Augur

Is there still the bug where no mission ever fails? Agents become incapacitated, yes, but the missions always succeed. Seems to still be the case. Not sure if dropping below a certain chance of success rate will affect this.
  19. tanith Augur

Nope. I had my first fail in many many months yesterday. On a 88% chance of success mission
    Mukkul likes this.
  20. Pleides Ranger of Fellowship Of Justice. EMarr

One of the GM's contacted me via email. So I left my toon in the GL and let them know via return email. Woke up this morning and the problem has been sorted (a GM/Dev or someone adusted my char and Overseer is fine now.
    They did tell me that is an issue that they are very much aware of (I think we are going to have a perm fix in the next patch).