Amulet of Necropotence (nerf!!)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

you took away the fun in this item. Now it is a 1s recast timer?

First, the graphics got nerfed, now you put a 1s timer on it.

WHY?

Can you guys go fix other sh stuff in the game?
  2. Riou EQResource

Another thing you can thank TLP's for
  3. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Is one second actually game breaking?
  4. Kalvenie Elder

the graphic looks the same to me??
    And what am I missing about a 1s recast timer being a problem? Surely, you click once and move on?
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I was using that, as an instant cast junk-buff(for raidmobs that dispell, like Sontalak). Illusions also trigger the separate illusion-buff from the key-ring, so you could fill 2 buff slots with a single instant cast clickie.

Now I have to farm 2 instant-cast buff clickies instead. :oops:
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Kalvenie Elder

it's still instant cast and it still lands the illusion buff?
    and sontalak debuff doesn't go off every 1s for the recast timer to be a problem?
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Ahh, I misunderstood, I read it wrong.
    I thought the cast-time was nerfed.
    I don't care about recast-time, no problem at all then. :)
    Kalvenie likes this.
  8. Kalvenie Elder

it's what I'm trying to figure :D just doesn't seem a problem hehe
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

If I remember correctly it was being used by warriors to spam click and build up aggro. Self buffing creates aggro.

It was not the only item with 0 cast and 0 Re-cast that was nerfed at that time. They tried to add a recast to all of those that were being 'exploited' for aggro. Check the patch notes for when they changed the re-cast time.
    Treage_Imminent, Kazint and Kalvenie like this.
  10. Kalvenie Elder

Oh! I see. thanks for the information.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

What was cool about the item was, you could run around repeatively clicking it, it was a very tall graphical effect that has been nerfed down in graphics..it didn't stay as long as it used to, the smoke disappeared faster now (the spell effect graphics).. That was nerf 1.
    Now it has changed from instant cast to 1 second cast. So now you can't run around or in a straight line clicking it fast to cause this train smoke of spell effect graphics.. its now puff.. puff.. puff.. instead of a spew. It was a very cool lovely color graphical effect.

Yes the click or effect (being a skelly) has not changed. This was a cool item to cause lag and fun graphics :p

I don't know why now they spent time turning it into a 1 sec click timer. The fun with this item was the nice looking smoke it produced.. and it's been nerfed twice now.
    Kalvenie likes this.
  12. Laronk Augur

If you currently play the game, there’s a disgusting amount of lag in the game. From zoning to /tell lag server chat channel lag
  13. Truetotheblue Augur

It was common to use this, or J Boots, or other instas on TLPs for agro. As an example, prior to the nerf you could agro Naggy, position yourself between him and a pillar, and spam JBoots. You would keep agro while the raid beats him down, and the added benefit would be that since he wasn't technically in LoS you would not get any of his AEs. Whoevers tanking him would not be able to attack him, but the jboots or whatever they were clicking was sufficient enough to hold threat.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Now it's changed? This was done a year ago.

January 20, 2021

*** Items ***

- Made changes to many items that have unlimited charges and instant-cast spells attached:
    - - Many items that previously had no cast or recast time now have a 1 second recast time.
  15. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Soo!
    :)
    Remove the 1s cast timer ! :D It's like having an old toy removed from me.