Chronomagic for EQ1

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Burdi, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Burdi Augur

Hi there,
    I would really appreciate if there was a chronomagic system like in EQ2 that allows to do old missions at a lower level.
    Last expansions offer only a handful of mission and a few quests per expansion.
    That would be a way to recycle old content.
    Aenvar likes this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

3. KermittheFroglok Augur

The challenge is that a lot of quests can't be done with Shrouds and I recall that the shroud characters stats really weren't reworked over the years as tweaks were made to the game's content difficulty/etc.

Burdi, I doubt the Dev team has the time/resources to do what you're suggesting for EQ 1, but I do wonder if they could try to do something similar by making the Hardcore Heritage versions of the zones year-round and accessible through mobs similar to the Agents of Change. They could try to make it another perk of AllAccess membership?

Another suggestion I'd like to piggy back onto Jumburs is a feature similar to (essentially a version of) Shrouds called monster missions. It's very close to what you're describing in that these mission are instanced quests/dungeons where you essentially play as a ___ level mob against ____ level appropriate enemies with old gear/abilities. Those might be a good option available to your if you want some old zone nostalgia.

The scenarios are pretty fun to play through and expand upon the lore of the old zones nicely. A couple that stand out to me were:

-Poisoned Flounder: a great nostolgia trip because it actually takes you back to the old version of Freeport.
    -Pickclaw's Revenge: fun if you want a throwback to days of people camping goblins in Highkeep's basement. Also a bit of a guilt trip if you moved onto camping the guards. :confused:

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/monstermissions.html
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This has been requested several times but the amount of rework needed is substantial. However, there is hope that once 64-bit goes live some of this rework is getting done so devs can scale armor stats more cleanly (a la EQ2).
  5. Cidran Augur

Every time I use that feautre on EQ2 I wish it existed on EQ1 as well.

A little work on the shroud system (which I used to love) could also do wonders, but I understand it won't happen because of lack of resources.
  6. Talif Augur

I wish they had added Call of the Veteran to EQ1. So ridiculously handy