Rare Spawn Bonus does not apply to picks

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ryhme, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Ryhme Lorekeeper

Anybody has the same issue? I tested for Hunter Achievement different areas after a suspicion and usually statistically I always get normal deviations from the usual pop rate. This time in ToL the rare spawn bonus seems not to apply to the /picks but only to the "basic pick 0".

Anybody had the same issue?
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

Tik Tok challenge:
    Post the statistics you are claiming.
    Sancus and Verily Tjark like this.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Finished Slayer yesterday. Killed many named in picks... it definitely applies in picks.
  4. Tutankamen Augur

10 hours in a pick camping a named in Maidens Eye and no pops- I would believe it.
  5. Febb Augur

6. Verily Tjark Augur

Well, the wording in the announcement was kind of confusing..

"2022 is almost here so let's celebrate with some in-game bonuses! From now until January 3, 2022, enjoy 50% faster rare respawn timers and 20% off Marketplace purchases."

So is that an increased chance they will spawn OR just a faster npc respawn rate with typical spawn chances?
  7. Ryhme Lorekeeper

mh.. 8h.... pick... 1 named.... and that in ToL... no classic old zone where named pop like "rare as hell"... new zones with rare spawn bonus never popped this rare...

Whatever this bonus is.. it is crap compared to "normal rare spawn bonuses" I am used to in new xpac zones...

If that syntax of "giving boni" has a knack then it feels like a "contract rip off" (if that is the english word)...

Stay on plain old ways for boni description, DGB. If you do the same stupid method like Facebook, Twitter and that crap to bind somebody with maximum time to the system including strange wordings then you get the same result like these companies... a bad bad reputation...

Giving it up now....

Edit: perhaps somebody can refer to it: Centien Rashen Xaui in Maidens Eye II.
  8. Paladin Augur

If the rare spawns are 50% faster, than the base chance does seem high to start with (a 2% chance is now a 3% chance, for example).

It doesn't appear there is a rare spawn increase at all, to me.
  9. Windance Augur

How many PH's were you keeping down each spawn cycle? I could see if you were running off bad info and hitting wrong mobs, or only killing 1 PH out of 10.

Like others, I've done a fair amount of hunter stuff in picks and haven't noticed a difference between pick and base zone.

Some of the named are stupid rare though, while others pop nearly every cycle.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Why do they say 50% faster respawn times thats not the case maybe theres a 50% increase in getting a rare but noway on faster spawns.
  11. Soulbanshee Augur

Because they never change their marketing copy and they mean increase in spawn chance.
  12. Treesmasha New Member

Did a guild hunters raid Monday starting at 1pm eastern. Completed killing all ToL named by a little after 6pm Tuesday evening. At least four of the zones were exclusively done in picks.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Do they not know how to proofread?
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

50% increase of chance to get a rare equates to 50% faster respawn of rares.
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Make more sense to people if they worded it different! 50% increase on rares spawning be easier to understand!
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We have had plenty of named in /picks, if anything we had more success in picks.

Our final named in VT was in a /pick, though we did have a couple of groups in different /pick to get the swine to spawn.