Pastletlith 2: This Time It's Umbral

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Schadenfreude, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Schadenfreude Augur

Every pick, any time of the day, perma-camped by scripters with the only respite when something goes wrong with the script and they wipe to a big train of golems.

Tiresome.
  2. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Dealing with that in Shadow Valley right now. I need to kill Bynn the Tormented to finish hunter. But it's perma camped. There's even a pickzone up with another bot group perma hogging the camp, doing the same thing every time.

Another one I needed, there was a mini raid force just destroying the mobs in the area. Is that even fun?
    Coagagin likes this.
  3. KizdeanGix New Member

Their playstyle whether with software or not is legit tbh. Not everyone has conformed to the new-age pokemon style achievement hunter system. Some people like Everquest how it was always played - Buckling down in a camp. They are making their own Quest in fact, not following a cookie-cutter system. Power to them. Leave them alone and move on.

Thought - would anyone be surprised that the Frenzied Ghoul is camped 24/7 on a new TLP? No

If you really want to be the very best pokemon trainer and show your badges to the world then bring the required firepower to KS and prove your worth
  4. Triconix Augur

Just follow the new age rules of there are no camps and dps race the named down. Hunter achievement done
  5. Schadenfreude Augur

You are Frozenwater and I claim my 250pp reward.
    Sindace likes this.
  6. Schadenfreude Augur

Due to the nature of the camp and the braindead way their script sends the tank out to aggro any mob within a certain radius there's a high possibility they'd end up dead under a massive pile of angry rubble and much as I hate scripters I don't get involved in wiping them.
    Eaedyilye likes this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

Next to Screeps, DPG has the most bot-friendly policy in MMO gaming. Not only are their policies designed to make it impossible to take action against any competent bot crew, but the mechanism players have to fight back (by training bots) is against DPG policy and easy for bot operators to prove. Additionally, naming and shaming bot crews on the forums will get you banned.

My recommendation to players is to send tells to the bot crews, the operator will receive it (it's how they easily defeat DPG's policy on bots) and beg for the next named kill. If that doesn't work, group up and out DPS them. Out dpsing a bot crew is easier said than done though for most players.
    Fenthen and birdsong_pawn like this.
  8. birdsong_pawn Augur

Yep. I cancelled my account about two years ago (after playing since launch in 1999). One reason was the large number of fully-automated bot groups in zones from EoK onward. Allowing cheating is bad for morale, and these groups would sometimes block my progression or quests. Reporting scripted groups with evidence was a waste of time: It became clear that the people pulling the strings at DPG allow automation, far-taunt, warping, and all other hacks.

It doesn't help that some of the design decisions encourage players to bot and reward the people who do.
  9. Triconix Augur

Sit there until the mob of your desire is in their camp. Throw the kitchen sink at it and win. They are slow killing groups. I've seen the botters enough. Horrible dps overall.
  10. Tucoh Augur

Almost all the bot groups use Macro Quest 2, which can be configured to burn poorly or burn optimally. I saw a macro quest 2 bot group in Maiden's Eye this weekend with 3 berserkers that just deleted a named mob (and not one of the ones with basepop HP).
  11. Triconix Augur

If you're a solid group, you'll out dps a bot group 9 times out of 10. It's better trying than sitting on forums crying about it.

Does it suck that bot groups exist and are ruining people's game? Yes. Does it suck that DPG has taken a backseat to cheaters? Yes. But there are things you can try/do to at least circumvent them a bit and you're better off trying than doing nothing at all or doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
    Strumph likes this.
  12. eqgamer Augur

22+ year paying player here and I just hate it. I hate what it's done to the game. It's gotten so bad on Bristlebane that I can barely stand to play there. I have a team both there and emarr thankfully because it really is just out of control in bb. Multiple camps by same person playing multiple groups using hacks.

I cannot stress enough how much I just hate what it's done to the game and my love for it.
  13. Tucoh Augur

I will. You might. Most won't.

Players should look at other groups as part of the game and overcome them like you say, i mean, it is an MMO. But it's not healthy to have a bunch of bots deflating the value of all the farmable goods and effort of real players.
  14. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

I've had to fight off bot groups in the past, it's funny because their tank will just keep taunting, giving me full ability to go 2h + burns on my tank and not have to ever worry about taking damage, heh heh.
  15. Zarkdon Augur

The correct solution for this increase the number of picks or the number of named that drop the aug. A group of 3-6 players does not always mean bot, as people do actually find groups, and if someone is camping it with real players you are just as SoL.

If someone cannot find grouos they need to download a DPS parser and see what they are doing incorrectly that makes people not want to group with them.
  16. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Well, so I went to Shadow Valley today and the same bloody group was there. It was fascinating watching them. When a mob was pulled to camp, it was like watching angry hornets warping to the mob. It wasn't natural. It was a full group, but I believe I could take them with my 2 mages.

So I looked at the pickzone. Only 7 in it so I took it. To my surprise the camp was open. :D Killed the named on the first spawn. Happy days.