Light blue mobs in Maiden eye (120 perspective)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Fian, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Fian Augur

Normally there aren't any LB mobs in the new expansion (other than slaves, etc), however I am seeing a fair number of 114 mobs in maiden's eye which makes it an undesirable zone for 120s to experience in. Level expansions always reduce the number of viable zones for experiencing, so it is important that all the new expansion zones are at least dark blue to max level.
    Yinla and Fenthen like this.
  2. Zipe The Healer

Hello,
    While I understand your reasoning I think that ToL, as a leveling expansion, is ok on having lvl 114 mobs on the entry zone. That zone is where people at lvl 115-116 will begin their journey on the new expansion and having overleveled con mobs on the early zones would penalize them. This is something that wouldn't be ok on a leveling expansion.

If you want infinite dark-con mobs in Maiden's Eye because you don't want to spend the time running to the T2 zones, just request Shei instance and clean it, plenty of dark-con there without LB's triggering your OCD.
    Wdor, xcitng, minimind and 2 others like this.
  3. FrozenWater Augur

I actually think it's a good idea, it serves as a nice bridge into the expac as people close in on the end game levels (which is everyone atm, but people will continue to trickle in over the next year).

As the expac ages people will be more likely to spread out into deeper ToL zones which will have the effect of keeping those zones busy / useful (unlike previous expacs where you did your progression and never went back).

All in all, double thumbs up from me, and I would support a single entry-level zone in future level increase expacs too.
    Wdor and xcitng like this.
  4. Fian Augur

You do realize that even with 114 mobs in zone, from a perspective of a 115, there are "overleveled" mobs in the zone? All I am asking for is that the level cap for the mobs in the zone be set to 115, which would make them white cons to the 115s in the zone.

For those that find Maiden's Eye too intimidating at 115, there are 2 expansions of zones that will be easier for them to gain levels until they feel they are ready to take the plunge to TOL. Of course, most 115 players are ready for 116+ mobs, since Kael had them anyway.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

ToV has a ton of level 115s in "entry" zones, so I don't think battling content with 4-10x the hitpoints is really a bridge that we should be crossing two expansions later.
  6. Chaoslayer Journeyman

Seems like a fine place to start the expansion. At 120 I would think it is time to move on from tier 1.
    Niskin likes this.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

Last leveling expac people complained that the entry zone was too hard for L110s, so they tuned this one down some. Its fine. By 120 you should be graduated to other zones anyhow. Why arent you in a dungeon?
    edit: also - this is not a bug.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

In the past they changed things to no over lap content in level expansions due to the lack of zones we now get, so this is either a bug and the mobs are the wrong level or they have changed their policy.

If they want to give us overlap content they need to give us more zones. This change has reduced ToL to 6 level 120 zones instead of 7.
  9. Jeebs New Member

Having some level 114 mobs gives level 115/116 rangers, rogues and berserkers some targets in which they can do substantially more dps.
  10. Micker Augur

Every zone in the expansion doesn't need to be tuned for level 120. Level 116 is part of the expansion also. You are worried about a few mobs that con 114 in the lowest zone in the expansion? Perhaps ask for the bats and skeletons in freeport to be raised up a level, because your toon is now level 5 and they are light blue to you.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.