Anyone knows about when will the ToV expansion free to play??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mell, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Iven the Lunatic

Thank you for consolidating my assumptions with official numbers. Based on your information 74% of all EQ accounts (users cannot be All Access) are All Access which does mean that they have a high value to the players. We have to be carefull in not mixing users and accounts. The monthly ~$37 of the average user are spread over multiple accounts and do include expansion sales.

When assuming that the average user does actively use 2.2 accounts it does result in monthly ~$16.82 per account. Further assuming that the average monthly paid fee for an account is $12 (9,99-14,99 USD), then $4,82 per month remain for all other things like expansion and martketplace sales which are 29%.
    This does result in monthly ~$12 for All Access vs. ~$2-3 for expansions. Please Mr. Ribbit tell me which of both is more important ?

Nobody is opposed in paying for expansions Mr. Ribbit. I already stated that I just don't need them atm.
  2. Bobokin Augur

If they knew what they were doing, they would have a lot more than $11.5 million in sales and 88k users. If I didn't have two decades invested in the game, I wouldn't play it in the form it is in now.

The current development and marketing has limited appeal to younger players..The demographics of the average All Access member means that Everquest players will sunset the game all by themselves.
    Iven and Shindius like this.
  3. Igorath-Bertox Elder

Better to pay what its worth, aka F2P. I paid enough pre-F2P to enjoy the downtime, broken quests, glitches, non-existent customer service, and wonderful toxic community.
    Iven and Phiyre like this.
  4. Phiyre Augur

f2p is great if you are a veteran/silver player.
    i made a true f2p account and it blows. if that was my only option, i wouldn't touch the game no matter what. mercs are a joke, no global chat stinks, aa cap is utterly useless.. i've played many other f2p games that didn't seem nearly as restrictive. maybe i didn't mess w/ em enough or know the game well enough to know what i am missing out on. eq, i played since the start so well aware of what i am missing.

TLDR; silver f2p to gold/paid isn't bad but strait up f2p sucks..
  5. Iven the Lunatic

FTP was meant to be a demo mode in the original conception maybe. Just there to lure new players into the game like a siren without having a paywall barrier like from 1999 to 2012. It could also be seen as a hard difficulty mode just like in the good old days. Silver is medium difficulty and All Access is for noobs.
    Nennius likes this.