Overseer Elite Agents change?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobokin, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And no one is saying it doesn't suck to get a duplicate agent but that doesn't mean that the conversions should be changed to prevent getting elite agents. As far as I can determine overseer was setup with the possibility of getting duplicate agents from conversion quests, recruitment quests and quest rewards. In the end if you keep working at it not only will you be able to get all of the agents but you can still do the quests as you work towards getting them all.
  2. Bobokin Augur

Is that really a bad thing? Wouldn't players rather do other Overseer tasks rather than recruitment tasks over and over?

Better not say that. There is talk of having Overseer achievements, and some people care about those. I don't care all that much about them, but I am a causal player that advocates for casual players.

Right now, they have to fix Overseer because almost half of my Elite agents can't be used because of a bug. They are available, but they show up as unavailable. Of course, that is a different topic.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yes, I would consider being able to get all agents with no risk of duplicates and an achievement from that a bad thing. Personally I find that pretty boring and from what I have seen in this thread others would as well. What exactly is wrong with having to put in some work to get an achievement? There is no need to make any changes to prevent duplicate agents and plenty of people have been able to get all the agents without much problem.
  4. Phiyre Augur

What's so special about the overseer quests are now, your agents get benched and you can't use them again due to bugs.. I'm unable to complete most missions because my agents are incapacitated and remain that way even after the timer should release them. Gm says known issue, no eta.. Good ole evercrap :/
    Bobokin likes this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Do the recovery tasks.
    I seem to be able to continue doing quests as desired as long as I take the recovery tasks as they're up.
    Not perfect, but it does provide some amount of workaround.
    Phiyre and Wdor like this.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

No, I don't. I can't wait for the 64 bit client to eliminate the automated groups, at least for a while.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The 64 bit client is already in use on beta and will be in use on test for at least a month so sadly I don't see any reason they are not already working on fixing those programs.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

One can hope it'll be a lot of work.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  9. Phiyre Augur

I did start to do that now, when i see them. it really sucks to waste slots/quests to workaround what the dev's can't seem to figure out.
    still amazed people pay for a broken game.. to each their own though ;)
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I wish they would make super elites 3 elites for one super :)

Andarriel