What is going on with this damage?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Micker, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Micker Augur

I was just messing around with my SK, who was logged in Howling stones, a place I usually box/solo easily. My SK no has max raid gear for CoV, in every spot. buffed to 500khps, well over 10K ac. I pulled a few mobs just for fun for a minute and I was getting hammered!! I went to click over from my toon in the bazaar for a sec and I was low health! From 3 light blue mobs lol. I ended up dying, because I miss clicked the wrong toon screen. I looked back at my logs and saw this message spammed through the whole fight! Riposte strike through spammed down the line, I would get hit with a riposte strikethrough message. What is that about?? Possible bug?
    https://imgur.com/a/wQNeIXw
    Krazzi likes this.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

It really does look like a bug. Did you have logging on? The entire log might be helpful.

Also, what spell/item/AA/buff casts "is tormented by YOUR frost"?
  3. zarcal Elder

I am seeing weird damage as well in zones i have been hunting for a while (Mage pet killed by AE in Al'Kabor's nightmare) and my tank health is swing back and forth.

There was a level increase could this be more scaling problems??
  4. Tucoh Augur

Interesting. Try posting a longer log.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

You didn't let your subscription lapse and lose access to all your prestige gear, did you?
  6. Angahran Augur

The mob's not doing something dumb like reposting the non-melee damage from the damageshield is it ?
  7. Szilent Augur

A sepulcher skeleton begins casting Bone Curse.

49980 Bone Curse 0s 0s 60s+ Disease -1000 Single
    1: Cast: Bone Crunch if Hit By Spell (50% Chance)
    2: Limit Type: Beneficial
    3: Limit Effect: Current HP
    4: Limit Effect: Current HP Non Repeating
    5: Limit Effect: Current HP Repeating
    6: Decrease Healing Taken by 33% (v120, Before Crit)
    7: Increase Disease Counter by 35
    Turns healing into more harm for 60 seconds.

49981 Bone Crunch 0s 0s - n/a Self 1: Decrease Current HP by 2%
    Qimble likes this.
  8. Micker Augur

It wasn't the bone curse, I checked that too. I fought some mobs after and something isn't right. Pretty much EVERY hit said riposte strikethrough. Those mobs normally barely scratch me, never mind kill me, but first time playing in several months. My HPs were at like 500k and my AC was over 10k.
  9. Lubianx Augur

It may be related to the change in the October patch

- A successful strikethrough of a riposte no longer results in an additional melee hit.

Para-phrasing Wulfhere & josh from the test notes in October

Combat sequence
    1. NPC swings at player
    2. Player riposte check passes for that swing
    3. NPC strike through check passes for that riposte and completes the swing
    4. Player swings one time in riposte with primary weapon
    5. Player has a chance for 1 additional attack from Double Riposte AA
    6. Player has a chance for 1 additional attack from Battlefield Vengeance AA
    After the patch if you pass point 3, the combat round would end and steps 4, 5 & 6 don't happen.
    Being an SK you will likely find that mobs were still strikethrough but you were Riposting again which would also lifetap the mob and keep you at full health. This is no longer occurring
    Wulfhere likes this.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Impossible. They would never nerf SKs.
    Lubianx likes this.
  11. Alnitak Augur

Not only that, but when you strike-through some mobs still riposte (not every mob, here and there, but I still see it in my logs), so basically a major nerf to players and barely a nerf to mobs.
    Oh well, we just have to adjust.
  12. Nekk Augur

A warrior with 500k hp, 11k ac has trouble taking on more than 4 mobs or so in howling stones without having to use cc, discs, or swapping over to healer or ramping up dps while defensives are being used, especially if one of those mobs is a golem or a named.
  13. Micker Augur

I've spent too many hours leveling there. My sk could tank without a healer, with 3+ mobs easy, when I had enhanced armor. Now all full endowed in every spot and level 116 . The issue is every hit against me said riposte strikethrough or strikethrough, that pic I posted, was the same every hit against me. Even with only one mob on me. Not me doing the strikethrough, but the mob. Not sure if there is some weird bug. I'll have to test more, take off my buffs. I hadn't played in awhile and was shocked at the hits I as getting , especially since I had just completely upgraded to the best in slot in every slot and was a level higher. I looked back at the text and saw a spam of those hits throughout the entire fight.
    Ozon likes this.
  14. Lubianx Augur

As I mentioned, it's an affect of that patch. Unfortunately, it seems to be the new norm. It's a drop in DPS which effectively drops your self healing if not active. It hurt all tanks.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

Your problem is you are trying to xp in howling stones instead of close to modern content.
    Tanks have a plethora of buttons. Try pressing a few of them.
    Without buttons screams to me that you can't figure out how to re-automate things.
    Duder likes this.
  16. Roxas MM Augur

the sarnaks in that expansions have a selfbuff that auto repostes for like 15 secs or so. They even recast it if the fight lasts too long.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

How many mobs
  18. Micker Augur

I was just fooling around for a few mins in there. It had nothing to do with pushing buttons. I know how to play my SK. I could have easily stayed alive, if I was casting etc.. I switched over to my guy in the bazaar for a short time. I can usually tank those mobs with just the self heal procs no problem, so was kinda shocked when I switched back and saw the spam of red with strikethrough riposte messages.

It's not the fact that I died, while not paying attention. It was the non stop Strikethrough/riposte hits that were spamming me, EVERY hit had the Riposte strikethrough or strikethrough message after the hit. I will test it again and see.
  19. Micker Augur

I don't remember the sarnaks having an auto riposte buff, but it's been a few. I never used to even have to pay attention to the mobs, with much worse stats before. This could explain it, but I used to fight down there for hours and hours and don't remember seeing that. Makes sense, because these mobs usually barely hit me. Just seemed like a bug and I was concerned after reading about the riposte changes from earlier. If people aren't seeing this from mobs in other zones, must be that risposte buff you are talking about, I will look into it.
  20. Micker Augur

Just fought against a goo, no buffs on the mob at all. Still spammed with the riposte strikethrough.
    https://imgur.com/Xe4weZn