Odds of a small Tribute revamp?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Branntick, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Branntick Augur

I don't think the system needs to be extensively reworked or anything, and I know it has been asked for in the past (although how recently, I'm not sure). I think the following relatively small changes would improve the system greatly.

The main intent behind my suggestions is to 1) reduce the chance of accidentally consuming tribute and 2) reduce the constant mental tax of trying to keep track of it.
    • Timer ticks down only while in combat, potentially with an increased associated cost. Probably controversial, but would resolve my next suggestions.
    • Custom time settings (1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours, etc.) with the cost scaled up appropriately.
    • Toggle for whether or not the tribute tax will recur automatically or simply end after the selected time period.
    • Toggle to automatically turn off tribute after a certain amount of elapsed time without engaging in combat.
    There are numerous improvements that could be made to how the system could be handled.
    I also know it's unlikely that this will ever get changed but it's worth throwing out there regardless.
  2. Duder Augur

Tribute is fine. Leave as is would be my vote.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They have combat count downs for power sources so it may be possible.

But I think the 2 tribute auto off buttons we currently have were what was meant to help control excess tribute consumption.

Similar to the auto merc passive.

I think they just like sticking odd quirks in the game that will eat your plat - like the baz delivery fee when buying from other zones, or the charges for the merc after you put them on passive until the next rotation that suspends that charge or that the auto merc passive will only turn on if you put up afk.

Everquirk
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Would be nice if there was an option to auto-off tribute when you are ooc, just like the auto merc passive.
  5. Yteran Lorekeeper

The actual effect of tribute I'm not even sure parses at level 110. So does this even matter anymore?
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Thats sounds like a good reason for a revamp.
    Nennius and Fenthen like this.
  7. Iven the Lunatic

The solution: Removing the tribute system or making it alot more simple by adding a shop for consumable buff potions that can be bought by tribute points.
  8. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

I hard no for yet another buff, we are already running at max buffs.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  9. Szilent Augur

it does.
    Duder likes this.
  10. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

Which ones make a difference? Most of them seem really weak or even useless compared to what gear gives you.
  11. Szilent Augur

tribute mods are worn mods, so anything gear already gives you will do actual nothing. Haste, atk, nearly all spell focuses are like this - what a character is already wearing is much much better.

Eyes of the Hunter and
    Fury of Combat

provide mods that gear does not, and so there is no opportunity to be obsoleted
    Bigstomp and Iven like this.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

The free stats from the various tribute trophies help.
    How much, hard to say. But would you expect to start a raid without buffs?
    The ability to turn on extra buffs sounds good to me.
  13. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

You both have good points. It is true that there are some useful things to use tribute for. But I still think that something could be done with things like the focus effects to make them worthwhile for when we haven't gotten something decent for our level yet. That is since focus effects are reduced for spells over a particular level, and we might level up before we have a chance to upgrade every gear slot.

Anyway, it's just a thought. I can find things to use tribute on for my melee characters fairly easily, like the ones Szilent pointed out. But my casters don't have much to spend their tribute on that would do anything, other than trophies.
  14. Szilent Augur

Second Chance is cool for non-tanks.

A new Trib, for +Spell & +Heal mods up to 1k or so, would be appropriately min-max-ey to introduce. It'd be real benefit, but small, like the melee things.
  15. Tucoh Augur

I use gina triggers to help remind me to turn tribute off.

Wouldn't mind some new tribute ranks with much more expensive benefits.